+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+ Server+ MCSA+Messaging MCSE+Messaging MCTS Windows Server 2008 MCITP Enterprise Messaging Administrator

Default MCTS Exam 70-431

Anyone know much about this new SQL 2005 test. I been thinking that it might be a good idea to understand how SQL databases work and the correct way to install, maintain, and recover SQL servers in case I am one day asked to admister them.

I don't really have a desire to be a DBA though so I am wondering if studying for this exam would provide what I am looking for or just be really over my head with a bunch of SQL query talk.

Anyway I would love to hear anyone's opinion.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCDP, CCNP, CCDA, CCNA, ITIL Foundation, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+
    I can relate. I have always liked computer servicing and networking, but funny enough I recently got a job as a Database Analyst. We use Oracle, which I have no experience with, so I was thinking about preparing for perhaps the Oracle OCA cert. just to get some head knowledge.

In terms of this MCTS, I was actually looking at this the other day too. One exam, seems pretty straight forard material, I kinda want to go for it just to see how the new certificates look. LOL....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, ACSP, ACTC, SQL Certified, Phillips/GE Emergin System Administrator
    I deal with SQL databases everyday and I think this is defiantly a good certification to get. After I get back on the grind and finish my MCSA I am going to start studying for this.

I think a Windows Admin combined with SQL skills is key in todays world.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Here's the page describing the MCDBA cert, and links to the MCTS and MCITP certs for SQL Server 2005.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...a/default.mspx
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA 2003, ACSP, ACTC, SQL Certified, Phillips/GE Emergin System Administrator
    bigsheep:

Let me know what you think of oracle if you decide to dive into it. I know Enterprise is the only edition of SQL that supports replication with Oracle... So anyone with Oracle experience I would imagine makes bookoo bucks.

I am studying between my MCSA stuff and the MCTS for 2005 sql right now. The sql stuff is A LOT of memorization.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks