+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISSP, VCP4, C|EH, MCITP:EA, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCTS, CST, CNST, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, iNet+, Linux+

Default Which Version of MCPD will you do?

Just curious what path of the MCPD are you going to do?

There are the following...

MCDP: Web
    MCPD: Windows
    MCPD: Enterprise

I am probably going to go after a MCPD: Enterprise in C#

What will just make me grind my teeth is when head-hunters and consultants pick up MCPD as a buzz word and instead of listing the actual path "MCPD: enterprise" as a requirment, they will just consider all MCPD's equal.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    Soon I hope!
    MCPD:Web is where I should be heading, but I have quite an interest in apps and also a small history in app developing.

When I have achieved MCTS I will have to make up my mind.

Without checking, I am guessing that MCPD:Enterprise is a combo of Web and Windows?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISSP, VCP4, C|EH, MCITP:EA, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCTS, CST, CNST, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, iNet+, Linux+
    Quote Originally Posted by mtillett
    MCPD:Web is where I should be heading, but I have quite an interest in apps and also a small history in app developing.

When I have achieved MCTS I will have to make up my mind.

Without checking, I am guessing that MCPD:Enterprise is a combo of Web and Windows?
    Yes enterprise is... windows / web / distributed.

I will be going the enterprise path as I tend to create all of the above.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member

Certifications
    Soon I hope!
    I looked into it the other day on Microsofts site. Wow there is a lot of work.. All of the MCTS (4 I think including the Foundation) + the MCPD. I want to go down this path but it's going to cost a small fortune.

Worth it in the end I guess as it will lead to bigger and better opportunities

EDIT: 07-10-2006
    I have decided my route.

First of all I want to get my MCTS: Web, then MCPD: Web.

After I have achieved this I will then go back to MCTS and do Windows Apps and Distributed Apps, followed by MCPD:Enterprise.

A little bit back and forth, but web is more important at the moment to me, apps will be later.

Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Windows, WPF
    I'm torn between MCPD:Web and MCPD:Enterprise. My forte is windows programming to a very high degree (I can hardly program in ASP.net) but I think web and distributed applications is where things are headed in the future, so I want to strike out in that direction.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    I'll head down the MCTS path of where ever I am working at the moment. Right now, Windows desktop applications are what I do, so that's the MCTS path I'm looking at right now.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks