+ Reply to Thread
  1. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec

Default .NET 3.5 is here!

OK, .NET 3.5 is sort of here, but not quite. The betas for the .NET 3.5 releases of Visual Studio Express C#, VB, C++, and ASP.NET were released last month. If you want to develop using the new .NET 3.5 technology, you need to install one or more of these free betas. You can also download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 SDK separately.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISSP, VCP4, C|EH, MCITP:EA, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCTS, CST, CNST, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, iNet+, Linux+

Default Re: .NET 3.5 is here!

Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray
    OK, .NET 3.5 is sort of here, but not quite. The betas for the .NET 3.5 releases of Visual Studio Express C#, VB, C++, and ASP.NET were released last month. If you want to develop using the new .NET 3.5 technology, you need to install one or more of these free betas. You can also download the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Beta 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 SDK separately.
    grrrrr..... I decided to put MCPD off until I finish MCSE (3 tests away) - by the time I finish MCPD enterprise, they will have published .net version 9
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Johan Hiemstra Forum Admin Webmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    MCSE NT4 MCSA 2000/2003 Security+ (expired: CWNA, CNA, CCNA)
    Although it seems there will be new exams for 3.5, they'll go through a beta phase first and they'll probably create an upgrade exam as well. I think the .NET 2.0 exams will be the ones to go for for a long time to come. I hope so considering James and I are working on some study material for it and I don't feel like moving to 3.0/3.5 specific topics like WPF etc myself yet either.

The new express editions look cool though, I look forward to the final releases.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    PMP, CISSP, VCP4, C|EH, MCITP:EA, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, MCTS, CST, CNST, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, iNet+, Linux+
    Quote Originally Posted by Webmaster
    I hope so considering James and I are working on some study material for it and I don't feel like moving to 3.0/3.5 specific topics like WPF etc myself yet either.
    Waiting to see this material
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks