+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    MCP, MCSD, MCTS

Default Exam 70-445 SS 2005 Business Intelligence

Since this forum covers mcts certs, has anyone taken the exam noted in the subject line?
    I am scheduled to take it in two weeks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    What have you done to prepare for this exam? I don't really know about any of the MCTS certs for SQL Server.

Microsoft SQL Server 2005: Business Intelligence

Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    MCP, MCSD, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    What have you done to prepare for this exam? I don't really know about any of the MCTS certs for SQL Server.

Microsoft SQL Server 2005: Business Intelligence

Thanks for the response.

I've been busting it since August 2008, while working full time. Started with the MS Press TK for the topic. Went through the ms press kit practice exams, then bought transcender exams.

Then bought a supplemental text from Osborne press that was very good in my judgement. The author did a superb job explaining the material which the ms press text seemed to be missing,

I then bought an Osborne Press book focused on just SSIS. Did lots of exercises in BIDS, for SSAS, SSIS and SSRS.

I believe I have a solid foundation and then some.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Quote Originally Posted by savior faire View Post
    I believe I have a solid foundation and then some.
    That's what studying for certifications is suppose to do for you. I'll be very interested to read your thoughts and opinion after you take the exam.

Good luck!
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    MCP, MCSD, MCTS
    If I can locate this thread, I will post my opinions and thoughts on this exam!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, NET+, MCSA 03,MCAD, MCDBA, MCT, MCSD, MCPD (Ent. Applications Developer), MCITP (Ent. Tech)
    I'm taking this exam on April 1st. I've done two out of the 3 recommended Microsoft courses, and I am cramming the resource kit right now. This one is hot right now! Combined with Sharepoint Development, this is probably the hottest of the microsoft certs to have.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    I've been looking at the MS developer's job market here in SoCal for the past few months, and it's amazing how many organizations are looking for developers with SharePoint development experience right now. Microsoft seems to have done well in its marketing of SP.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Junior Member

Certifications
    mcse,ocp,mcp,mcts
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    I've been looking at the MS developer's job market here in SoCal for the past few months, and it's amazing how many organizations are looking for developers with SharePoint development experience right now. Microsoft seems to have done well in its marketing of SP.
    I was discussing opportunities with a local IT company and they were saying they have some big Share Point projects coming up.

Combined with Sharepoint Development, this is probably the hottest of the microsoft certs to have.

Does MS have a cert program for sharepoint?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    MCP, MCSD, MCTS
    I took the 70-445 exam this morning. Scored 1000. 44 questions, and surprisingly no simulations.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by savior faire View Post
    I took the 70-445 exam this morning. Scored 1000. 44 questions, and surprisingly no simulations.
    Wow! Nice score! What exam prep materials did you use and which one(s) did you find the most helpful?
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Member

Certifications
    MCP, MCSD, MCTS
    Hi JD,
    The Osborne press books were helpful, and I used Transcender.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks