+ Reply to Thread
  1. MCMLXXXVI :: L.O.A.D.B Xcluziv's Avatar

Certifications
    CIW Site Development

Default Microsoft App.Dev certs : MCAD / MCPD?

Hey guys

I recently started working as a Systems Analyst in the Applications Development department at my new job. I was reading up on a couple of certs that may be beneficial as I stay in this role stated above in the topic. Can anyone shed some light on what route I should go?
    Last edited by Xcluziv; 10-15-2010 at 04:13 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    What will you be doing in you systems analyst role? Will you be doing actual architecture design and/or coding of software, or performing design reviews for quality and security? And will you be working with database or virtualization technology?
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. MCMLXXXVI :: L.O.A.D.B Xcluziv's Avatar

Certifications
    CIW Site Development
    Here is the job description from my topic Systems Analyst Interview on Friday It can give you a good stand point
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    Based on that job description, you will be a junior-level software engineer writing ASP.NET applications. The Microsoft training and certifications for C#, ASP.NET, and Microsoft SQL Server are what you need. Actually, your employer should already have those training materials available to its "analysts."
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. MCMLXXXVI :: L.O.A.D.B Xcluziv's Avatar

Certifications
    CIW Site Development
    Yes, that was one of my first questions I asked when I started working and they informed me they would pay for my certifications which is a plus. I just wanted to know what avenue to go into. I am learning SQL Server now and getting familiar with it. I'm actually going to get certified in another platform we are using and implementing, so I'm excited about that training
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. MCMLXXXVI :: L.O.A.D.B Xcluziv's Avatar

Certifications
    CIW Site Development
    Do you know what exams they are specifically? I perused the Microsoft site and found an array of different ones concerning the certs you suggested
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    They are all MCTS certs now.
    --
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. MCMLXXXVI :: L.O.A.D.B Xcluziv's Avatar

Certifications
    CIW Site Development
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    They are all MCTS certs now.
    Thanks!!! I was wondering what were all of them under now. I'll take a look and get to the books....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. MCMLXXXVI :: L.O.A.D.B Xcluziv's Avatar

Certifications
    CIW Site Development
    Thank James!!!! I was looking at the 70-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance to probably start with to have a nice foundation with SQL. As long as you know how the data is stored and packaged, I should be able to build off of that are anything else
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcluziv View Post
    Thank James!!!! I was looking at the 70-432: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance to probably start with to have a nice foundation with SQL. As long as you know how the data is stored and packaged, I should be able to build off of that are anything else
    You should consider doing the 433 rather than the 432. It is much more geared to devs and using T-SQL. The 432 is much more a systems type of exam and deals more with configuring and managing SQL Server than it deals with T-SQL. Either way make sure you check the SQL Server forum for study material.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. MCMLXXXVI :: L.O.A.D.B Xcluziv's Avatar

Certifications
    CIW Site Development
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertKaucher View Post
    You should consider doing the 433 rather than the 432. It is much more geared to devs and using T-SQL. The 432 is much more a systems type of exam and deals more with configuring and managing SQL Server than it deals with T-SQL. Either way make sure you check the SQL Server forum for study material.
    Thanks for the advice....just read this post after responding to a MS SQL Server forum. I will look up the info on the 433
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks