+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP (70-270)
    I personally can't keep focused for more than a couple of hours. I can absorb huge amounts of info, but only so much detail/concept material.

I have a rough time working less than a month on anything that I don't have huge amounts of exp with, so it's awesome if you can absorb it like a sponge.

I think the passion for it greatly helps. If you're told by work that you MUST learn this info by X time or else, you might hate it but get through it. If you do it because you love it, it might go in a bit easier!

My techskills material usually breaks it down into 60-80 hours, which is about the same as 12 hrs a day for a week. If you can keep focused for that long, do it, and keep it, you are a genius, and should feel proud of that.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, MCP

Default Study methods

Hey Kalebksp, I wish I could do what you do. I agree with you in that everyone is different in how they learn and I have no doubt that you can learn and retain the information you study, I know several people who work that way. As for me, I can read things through all I want to maybe survive, but I am much better if I can go hands-on with a Sim or real-life (which I don't get to do) to see how it is done and once I do it, it makes a whole lot more sense to me. Congrats on your Certs.

I'm studying for Round 2 of 70-291 now...bombed it 1st attempt, so it's back to the books and Virtual PC to get me the hands on I need...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks