+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Squeaked by

1. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA 2003

Default Squeaked by

Well, it was ugly, but I squeaked by today with 720. I actually thought I did better than that as I was pretty confident when I was done as I did well on the sims and felt pretty sure about most multiple choice. Though, I am lucky to have passed. I was pretty overconfident getting a 910 on the 290. Guess I have learn my lesson I think. I do think some of the wording pretty bad on these exams. A couple I had no clue what they were asking for.

Anyway, I now am a MCSA, so I am happy. This was the 4 test in 6 weeks and I am burnt out. Maybe I missed some questions because still answering questions from the XP exam.

I used Test Out and Exam Cram for the exam as long as building my own Virtual Server lab. That is the way to go I think especially with undo disks. If no one has tried it get go for it--makes things easier and works great. Now only if my crappy Intel Raid would stop bombing on me with XP x64.

Not sure what's next because I am soon to be offered a job an IT auditing. They are training me on the auditing part, but it will be a change.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA2K3, Extreme Networks, iBoss, Bachelors in Business Management, MBA - Information Systems
    Congratulations!

A 910 on 70-290 and a 720 on 70-291? I got over a 900 on the 70-290 as well, I know that 70-291 is going to be as hard, but yikes! I've got the 70-270 and the Network+ to do before I take 70-291, I'll have to be careful and not get too complacent if I end up doing well on those exams.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Ancient Relic.......

Certifications
    Security+, A+, Network+, MCDST, DCSE, CST, CNST
    congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA 2003
    A 910 on 70-290 and a 720 on 70-291? I got over a 900 on the 70-290 as well, I know that 70-291 is going to be as hard, but yikes! I've got the 70-270 and the Network+ to do before I take 70-291, I'll have to be careful and not get too complacent if I end up doing well on those exams.
    Well, like I said, I didn't really go crazy with the studying for this exam. I was getting pretty burnt out. I scheduled the exam at 8am and stayed up all night studying without sleeping. I am definitely not a star at DNS, but I have a lot good resources to use to help me as I learn more. This test does require a good amount of studying if you want to pass comfortably. Also, even though I passed I didn't really dive into each question. I think the ones that are less convoluted I nailed, but maybe the convoluted ones I didn't dive in as deep as I should have. BTW, the Network+ is a big help for this exam.

OC
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    Bsc. IT A+,NET+,CST,CNST, MCSA 2003,MCDBA: Next on the hitlist --> LPIC, OCP
    congrats mate!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, MCP, MCSA 2003, MCSE 2003
    Way to go!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Questionably Benevolent Moderator Slowhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    A+, Linux+, Server+, Security+, MCSA 2003, MCSA 2008, MCSA 2012, CCNA(expired), ITIL Foundation v3 (2011), VCP5-DCV, VCA-Cloud, VCA-DCV, VCA-WM
    Congrats on the pass. And don't worry about the score, I think we all got bumrushed by this test.

-------------------------------------------------------
    ITHumidor.net - "Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis"
    -------------------------------------------------------

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Virtual Academy
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top 50 PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCSA 2003
    I think we all got bumrushed by this test.
    Yeah, definitely. Plus I know on the A+. there was a lot I learned, but most of what I know comes straight from experience like using NTFSCHK instead of CHKDSK.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCP 270 & 290, MCDST, MCTS:Vista, CCA XP-FR3 & PS3, ITIL Foundation. ( 291 One Day )
    Nice1
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE:Messaging 2003, MCTS:Vista, MCTS EXCH 2007 Config
    Congratz fella!!!
    Up Next : Not sure
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks