+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default 291 and sus/wsus

Ok i'm prepping for 291 - doin all right - using the microsoft press official text book. But i think someone stole a chapter from my book. It mentions NOTHING on sus or wsus - is there a version of the exam/textbook that does not require sus knowledge. My book is from India and I'm writing the exam in New Zealand. Do i need to know SUS (i know a bit i have configured on networks before but that was SUS 1.0 - not very feature rich at the time) and if i need to know it where is the best place to get free information?
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    None?
    Make sure you find some reading and play around with wSUS3.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    MCDST, MCSA 2003,MCITP:SA 2008R2, MCSA 2008, ITIL v3 Foundation, Server+ 2009, CCA Citrix Xenapp 6.5
    If you did 290 first, you would be strong on SUS/WSUS.

The MS 290 book has a chapter on WSUS, and on the CD there's a PDF of the previous version of the chapter for SUS.

PS: I did 290 yesterday, there were questions on WSUS, but if you has studied only SUS you would still have known the answers.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCP (NT4 Server), MCSA 2000, MCSA 2003, CCNA, Security+, Network+

Default Re: 291 and sus/wsus

Quote Originally Posted by nzresearch
    Do i need to know SUS (i know a bit i have configured on networks before but that was SUS 1.0 - not very feature rich at the time) and if i need to know it where is the best place to get free information?
    Thanks
    Yes, and check this sticky:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21736

There are 3 links for WSUS resources. Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    Back in the day when I took my 291 the version WSUS tested was 2. The questions were all very general, if you have done some labs with it and have a good conceptual understanding, you will do ok.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. One Man Wolfpac NetAdmin2436's Avatar

Certifications
    AAS in Computer Networking, MCSE 2003, Network+, Security+, A+
    If your familiar with 1.0 I think you'll be golden. Remember, this is a 2003 exam so I would doubt they would ask you about 3.0 since it wasn't release until April 2007.

....But, if you wanna mess around with 3.0, Microsoft does have a free virtual lab. Personally, I'm starting to really like these virtual labs. It's a 90 min lab (although you can probably do it in like 30 mins if you read fast).
    http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/We...CountryCode=US
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member
    i sat this exam yesterday and got a few WSUS questions. They were all multiple choice and said WSUS and not SUS in the questions. Know your command lines for WSUS
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks