+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member neathneathneath's Avatar

Certifications
    MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:SA, MCTS 70-643, MCTS 70-680.

Default "Scheduling the Exam"

On some courses, particularly online courses like www.vtc.com, they recommend that you schedule the exam then study towards it afterwards. There are two schools of thought here, some believe that scheduling the exam makes you study harder (particularly if you've had to fork out hard-earned cash). Other school of thought is to do practice tests etc and when you feel you are at the right standard then schedule the test.

Just checked the prometric site and the maximum period you can book a test in advance is about 8 weeks. I would have thought that 8 weeks preparation should be ok (having done 6 or 7 weeks already)

Just wondered what strategy regarding " test scheduling" worked for you?[/quote]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. nel

Certifications
    A+ , Network+, MCSA 2003, CCENT, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, CCDP, JNCIA-JunOS, JNCIS-ENT, Bsc(hons) & Msc Degree
    Its down to the individual but for me i always study first then book the exam when i feel ready. Then in that period i review material etc.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Sie
    Running on caffine

Certifications
    ADITP (Advanced Diploma for IT Practitioners) & MCSA (70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-299) | Currently working towards C|EH
    I usually study then book the exam, a couple I have booked half way through study but only when I feel I will be ready. This was mainly due to setting myself goals I wanted to keep for my own pride.

Do what feels best, yes booking early will force you to study harder but that in itself can be a barrier depending on the person.

Not book and you could let it slide for a while.

I guess it depends what sort of person you are, if you dont book it now will you be committed to it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    I have to book the exam or I do not study as I should. I think it is a good practice for most people. I took my first cert in 2006 (70-271) and got lazy. Did not take my next exam for over a year. I purchased a bunch of vouchers and started scheduling test. The fact that I had spent the money and that they had expiration dates helped motivate me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    C|EH, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003-2008-2012, MCP, MCTS, MS 74-409, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, CCNP
    I usually like to book the exam when I am halfway done studying. That way I have a better idea when I will be ready.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks