+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    MCSE NT4, 2003, MCITP-EST, EA, EDA, WIN 7, VISTA, MCDST,EDST, CWNA, CCNA.

Default Passed 70-291 today

I studied for 4 weeks using the MS books along with Mesureup CBT's. Transcender and ********* exams.

MS Books have good info and labs but remain lacking. Measureup CBT's Rock. SET UP A SEVER OR TWO and do the labs.

The exam wasn't the all that difficult but you did need to know your stuff. EG: command line options and switches , backup and restore, policies ... Not much DNS or Routing (that's were I focused my studies). 1 DHCP, 6 SUS and few Ipsec. 1 sim on Creation and Ordering of records. All in all a well rounded testing session.

I pulled a lot from the knowledge acquired from 70-290.

Questions were pretty straight forward with NO paragraph scenarios. Nothing to fear here just take the time allotted and review your answers . If you get stuck in a sim just back out and come back to it. You can eat up a lot of time looking for the wrong information.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CCNA:S/W, CCNA, CCENT, MCSA, A+, N+, S+, ITIL V3
    Congratulations!!..... passed mine today also. I would have to agree, it was not what I had heard it was. More high level concepts that nitty gritty details. I had more DNS than anything. Sounds like the same sim too.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Sec+, MCP, MCSA, MCTS (620/642/680), MCDST, MCITP: EDST7
    Quote Originally Posted by brucewhunter View Post
    Questions were pretty straight forward with NO paragraph scenarios. Nothing to fear here just take the time allotted and review your answers . If you get stuck in a sim just back out and come back to it. You can eat up a lot of time looking for the wrong information.
    Yeah, it is a lot better now. It used to have very wordy questions, with long running paragraphs. The version now is much better!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks