+ Reply to Thread
  1. You are already dead jmritenour's Avatar

Certifications
    RHCA, RHCE, RHCSA

Default Facing the Beast on Halloween!

Well, my exam's booked. I've only been seriously studying about a week, and I might be rushing into it, but there's a couple things at work here:

#1 - Before I registered for 70-290 a few weeks ago, I bought a 2 exam + retake voucher set from MS, so if I do fail, I've still got a free retake.

#2 - My wife's having a jewelry party at our house Sunday afternoon, and I want absolutely no part of that insanity, so I need to get out of the house for a few hours.

I'll just say I'm cautiously optimistic. At least I know if I fail, I'll have a rematch with the Beast down the road.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    you found a test center open on sunday? wow

Good luck
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. You are already dead jmritenour's Avatar

Certifications
    RHCA, RHCE, RHCSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilsbane View Post
    you found a test center open on sunday? wow

Good luck
    I know, right? Knowledge Center, Inc in Ashburn, VA is open 7 days a week. I stumbled across them a couple months ago when I was scheduling my VCP, and looking for a center open on a Saturday (which was hard enough), and was surprised to find they were open on Sundays as well. So I filed that tidbit away in case I ever needed it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSE:Security, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, ITIL V3 Foundations, ITIL 2011 Intermediate: Service Transition, MOS 2007 (MCAS) BAS Computer Forensics
    Yeah even saturday's are hard. The one by me seems to do saturdays every other month.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, LPIC-1, MCSA
    Good luck on the test, and have a happy Halloween.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Objectives my friend! varelg's Avatar

Certifications
    RHCSA
    But what can be spookier than slaying the Beast on Halloween! Good luck champ, keep us posted!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. You are already dead jmritenour's Avatar

Certifications
    RHCA, RHCE, RHCSA
    The Beast has been vanquished. 807/1000. I really didn't think it was that bad, though I could see how it could trouble someone who dealt primarily with server side/Active Directory sort of stuff and didn't have a lot of practical experience with routing & name resolution.

The first 20 questions or so, I was breezing through, and hadn't seen a single sim, and thought to myself that was odd. Then I got SLAMMED by 10 sims back to back. It was crazy, but most of them weren't that bad.

Anyway, by my estimation this makes me MCSA since I have 70-270, 70-290 and 70-291 done, and I submitted my A+ & Net+ transcript to MS for my elective.

Now I just need to decide what to go after next. MCSE, CCNA or Security+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Congrats on slaying the beast!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Cyber Ninja III rogue2shadow's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, GXPN, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, CEH, CNDA, CPT, Security+, Network+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by jmritenour View Post
    The Beast has been vanquished. 807/1000. I really didn't think it was that bad, though I could see how it could trouble someone who dealt primarily with server side/Active Directory sort of stuff and didn't have a lot of practical experience with routing & name resolution.

The first 20 questions or so, I was breezing through, and hadn't seen a single sim, and thought to myself that was odd. Then I got SLAMMED by 10 sims back to back. It was crazy, but most of them weren't that bad.

Anyway, by my estimation this makes me MCSA since I have 70-270, 70-290 and 70-291 done, and I submitted my A+ & Net+ transcript to MS for my elective.

Now I just need to decide what to go after next. MCSE, CCNA or Security+.
    Congrats man!!!! I'd say go Sec+ -> MCSE -> CCNA since the Sec+ is about to change into the CE program.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. You are already dead jmritenour's Avatar

Certifications
    RHCA, RHCE, RHCSA
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue2shadow View Post
    Congrats man!!!! I'd say go Sec+ -> MCSE -> CCNA since the Sec+ is about to change into the CE program.
    That's kind of what I was thinking - I had planned to put it off till sometime next year, but then I heard CompTIA's changing it, and I'm thinking I'd rather get it over with now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Command Line Ninja Chris:/*'s Avatar

Certifications
    NSTISSI (4012 & 4011), eCPPT, CEH, CHFI, EDRP, CWSP, CWNA, RHCSA, VCP 3, G2700, GSEC, CIW:SP:WFA, Security+, Network+, A+
    Congrats, and I agree with rogue2shadow on your path, it makes the most sense.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, N+, S+, LPIC-1, MCSA
    Congratulations, and count my S+ vote.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member

Certifications
    MCSA 2003 * Yeah Baby! *
    Congrats!!! Hope I can join you in Beast-Slaying paradise tomorrow!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on getting the MCSA!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks