+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCNA, Security+, A+
    Make sure you do Boson tests. They are a good review.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    Sec+, CCENT, Net+, A+, AA General Studies, Certificate of Information Technology
    My advice, and this may sound overkill, but taking classes for or at least studying the CCENT objectives. I honestly think the CCENT material is the only reason I passed Net+ because the current version of the Net+ exam had sims and topics on stuff that was not covered in any Net+ book I read. Even if your thinking of changing directions, a fundamental understanding of networking will be beneficial in any tech position and a cert to prove you have the knowledge never hurts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Check out professor Messer and grab yourself some brain dumps Make sure you take good notes and understand the topic for each section. Im sorry A+, Windows certs are just as bad. The net+ is nothing more than basic theory.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Member

Certifications
    CEH, CASP, A+, Network+, I-Net+, Server+, Security+, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, SSCP, CISSP, C|CISO, CSP, SKI CHDP
    Like most people are saying, don't give up man. I failed the A+ the 1st time I took it. I passed the A+ 2nd time. If I quit on the A+ I might as well have just shut the door on my career opportunities in the IT Field. I might not have had any certifications.

Keep studying hard man...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Member

Certifications
    Network +
    Hey sorry to hear about Network +, I had some questions about the exam and am finding it hard to find advice. How was the performance based questions and what do they deal with? I've been studying for the exam for almost 2 months now and don't know anything about the performance based questions, and how to study for them, as I have no previous networking experience.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Security+, Network +
    Thanks for the reference to Safari Books Blue Roze. I remembered my university gave access there and they have the Mike Meyer's Network plus book and many more to study.

Ex-Navy myself btw. Good on you for knocking things out while you're in.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+, CCENT, CCNA
    Wait. You want to give up on networking to learn about hardware and OS?

Get the A+ first. Then do the Network+ But since your already here and doing the N+, then go nail this SOB like the dirty B**** she is.

700 is SO close man. I failed the CCENT the first time by 3 points. Two weeks later took it and passed +50 points.

Study your ass off, get proper sleep, eat good, drink plety of water, keep your body and your mind in the right place. Make you about passing this test right now. You do got this.

I look forward to you "i passed!" post.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member
    DO NOT QUIT! I have all the Proffesor Messor Videos avail for download if you want. Just throw them on your tv and watch them instead of movies.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+,Security+, EMCISA v2, MCP, MTAx2 , MCPS, CCENT, CCNA R&S,C|EH,C|HFI,MCTS, Linux+,LPIC-1,E|CSS,E|CES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH
    I feel you about being discouraged. But you can't give up just yet. I almost gave up after failing my CCENT by 3 points. But you sometimes have to take a step back, re-evaluate yourself and continue from there. Find some other study materials. I would however take the N10-005 before N10-006 is released. Spoiler alert. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...10%2Caps%2C316 When a new exam comes out, it is usually (key word) harder then the previous exam. Keep at it.
    2017:E|CSA E|CSP,E|CIH,eLearnSecurity,CSA+ Courses 2018: C|ND,ICND2,CCSK,CISSP,CCNA-Security 2019: CWNA 2020: LPIC-2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. ProEthicalHacker.com fuz1on's Avatar
    silicon valley, where we speak that bay area slang

Certifications
    CCNA CCENT ITIL SSCA SSVVP WSQD WSQI Cloud+ Mobility+ Security+ Linux+ Network+ Server+ Project+ A+ HIT LPIC-1 CLA11 ACE ace/PACA SSBBP SSLP CMS SCP
    We all know that the third time's the charm! You were really close; both times! Try one more time for the team! You might regret it if you don't and the exam update will just make it that much tougher to pass - if you delay. If it's the cost, try 'IT discount vouchers' or 'certified 4 less' to try to get deals. You got this!

BTW, I failed the CASP a couple weeks ago but have it scheduled again in a month. Everyone fails but it's how you pick yourself up that defines character, perseverance and resolve. Nothing worth anything in life is easy to accomplish.

Remember, success is nothing more than one minute moment in an sea of failure.
    Last edited by fuz1on; 01-25-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    A+
    I passed the A+ without really taking any notes but know for a fact that won't fly for the Network+. I was never good at taking notes but really all you need to do is write down everything you think you might need to know or don't understand. Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network+, Cisco CCENT
    How long did you study for and how often?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP 70-410, CCENT, CCNA
    I would recommend checking out onenote.com. create a live ID, create a notebook, and start creating pages by chapters in your book. Most people can type much faster than they can write which will save you time in note taking. You can also connect to your notebook from most any device since it's stored in the cloud. I've never looked at the Win7/Win8 MCP exams, but know that the server exams will require some knowledge obtained in Net+. You can expect subnetting, routing, IPv6, port numbers, etc to show up on those exams. It will come much easier with the foundation that Net+ will create for you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    S+, N+, CEH, CSSLP, CISSP, CGEIT, CCSA, CCNA, CRISC, CASP, RHCSA, RHCE, CBE, GCIH
    To OP,

You said you are not a good test taker. You have to find out how you learn the material:
    -Audio
    -Visual
    -Mnemonics my assist
    -By working hands on
    -Any combination

You may also ask a co worker or two about networking. They may explain it in a way where you may understand some of your weak areas of knowledge.

Study time:
    YMMV but most people study between 3 - 6 months and pouring in a great deal of study time on the weekends. I know of 2 guys who know their stuff but did not study that much for the Security + exam and they both failed because they did not take the exam seriously.

I know you may want to take a break from the exam but it is fresh in your head. As you know the questions are weighed differently.
    Look at the 2 exams to find your weak domains and work on them. Brush up on your strong domains.

With that being said you have to know how CompTia labels the OSI model and know that the questions may be poorly worded.

Good Luck!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    LPIC-1, CLA, Linux+, Network+, VCA-DCV, CWTS, ITIL, BAIS, ZCNP, MCSA, MCTS, MCDST, MCITP: CST & EST Vista, 7, MCPS
    The key to passing is more practise. Go through the objectives for the exam aan check that you understan.
    Wish you all the best.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ (Expired)
    Don't give up mate! You put a lot of work already, now is time for you to see which subject/area you are weak in. Like others said here, test yourself and try to get 95% on all test and materials you use to test yourself. One word of advice, some people do great on exams if they don't study the day before the exam and get plenty of rest. Get a good breakfast and go in with a clear mind. I think you will pass it this next turn. Good Luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks