+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Member

Certifications
    MCSA:Shafted, MCP (70-270, 70-218, 70-215), A+, Security+, Network+, i-Net+

Default Real World

Both A+ and Network+ are good exams - they test stuff you need to be up with in the real world. I started studying for 70-270 and I think a lot of the stuff you need to be hot on is just the stuff you would (in real life) need to look at a reference book once for then set up some scripts with good comments to do it next time. In an enterprise for instance how often are you going to set up a RIS server - once? Twice? You can look in a book for that.
    That's enough moaning - back to learning multiple ways of doing things I'll never have to do, except for the exam. I think I will do I-net+ after I get this sorted, it looks like an easy extra line in the CV
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP (70-270 Win XP). The March to MCSA continues...
    After N+ I personally will head to MS certs. It is definitely a branding decision. I'd like to work in the public schools here and they are running Windows 2000 workstations. If I can't find what I want I can obviously pick up something in a repair shop with MCP in my back pocket.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    A+ Network+
    After Net+ I plan to go for CCNA. Actually in highschool they, poorly, went over the first half of CCNA so I wouldnt be starting from scratch with it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks