+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Net+

1. Member

Default Net+

I thought the network+ was vendor neutral? If the objectives require to configure something wouldn't we have to know cisco or juniper, etc.? Wouldn't that negate the vendor neutral?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Lots of security certifications, yet the more I learn, the further I have to go...
    Been a long long time since I took Network+, but it was vendor neutral back in the day. OSI layers, etc
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    CCNA
    What exactly do you mean by configure something? You can set up a soho wireless router and configure the appropriate settings in a lab sim and that's not gonna be specific to a certain vendor. Most soho routers are similar and very easy to set up
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Test is vendor neutral. It doesn't require any company specific knowledge, but it will def test basics for all devices commonly found in a network set up.

Sometimes, you'll be studying on a random website, and see some Cisco questions. That's because people tend to group certs together and study them all at once. I know Skillset and many Quizlet tests do that. But, the actual test doesn't have those questions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member bloodshotbetty's Avatar

Certifications
    A+
    My textbooks talk a bit about Windows, Linux, and bring up some Vendor specific protocols and theories- largely Cisco. I think it would be hard not to at least mention Cisco in the course of study. But, yes, vendor neautral and principles you can apply to a variety of situations.
    -------
    A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks