+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Age Range

1. Member

Default Age Range

Most people would ask why is a man like me studying I.T exams in his 50s. Well for a long time I was a chef !. Cuisine was close to my heart however I always had the inclinatin to get involved with technology. Hence me studying for these exams . I really do believe an old dog can learn new tricks LOL.

Hope to be ready for take the Network plus exams before Christmas. Just curious as to how the exams has helped advance your career ? and what is the age range here ?

Thanks
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSD (Web), MCSA (SQL Server 2012/14), AWS Architect (Assoc.)
    I'm in my forties. I used exams as a way of forcing myself to bring my skills up to date, after becoming complacent and a bit of a dinosaur.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member
    This is exactly what the network plus exam has done for me. It has forced me to take to try and understand all these new concepts which can be rather overwelming at times. I use to have ZX81 computer as as kid if anyone remembers those
    Quote Originally Posted by EagerDinosaur View Post
    I'm in my forties. I used exams as a way of forcing myself to bring my skills up to date, after becoming complacent and a bit of a dinosaur.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, SSCP, CASP, C|EH v8, eJPT, Sec+, Server+, Net+, A+, CCNA: R&S/Security, MCP, ITIL v3
    The triad (A+, Net+, Sec+) as I like to call them, builds foundational knowledge. I've taken those 3 over 10 years ago but the information I gained from those exams have always shown up in future courses that I have taken or have been in the back of mind whenever i'm performing some function at work. Learning is a lifelong endeavor and the more you read and study, the more you realize that you still have lots to learn.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA
    I am a woman in my 50s..Never give up on knowledge no matter how old you are.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks