+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA Network+, MCP, MCTS: Windows 7

Default How long did it take YOU to pass the Network+? Best resources?

Good evening all,

I know you probably had a lot of people ask how long does it take to study for the Network+ but how long did it take you to pass this exam?

Also, what resources do you recommend?

Many thanks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    Hello again .

I remember taking around 3 months to prepare for this exam, mainly to the fact that I had work and life get in the way most of the time. Plus it was my first solo exam from when I did my apprenticeship 3 years prior to it. Best resources are Professor Messer and the CompTIA Net+ objectives sheet.

But from past experience with the Sec+ and 70-680 you should be able to crack this out in a month of study. Most CompTIA exams usually only need a month, shouldn't take any longer.

Good luck!
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Member

Certifications
    A+; N+; S+; CCNA
    It took me about a week but I had experience in networking field. As far as material, Prof Messers videos (free) and when I purchased the testing voucher I bought test simulator. It gives you a general idea how CompTIA questions are formulated.

My advice for you is not to overthink answers, usually your first pick is the correct answer!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Comptia: A+, Network+, Security+, ACA 10.8, MCP, MCSA: Server 2012, MS: Server Virtualization
    I took the exam 4 years ago and I know it's changed since then but it took me about 3 weeks to study and then I took and passed the exam on the first attempt. I had quite a bit of experience in the field though when I started studying plus I already had gone to school for Systems and Networking so a lot of it was just review for me and learning about some of the technologies I had never studied much of before. From what I hear now though the exams are much more interactive so I'm not sure what the recommended study time is. I used Mike Meyer's All-In-One book which was great. It came with a couple of practice tests that were great too. Other than that, I just relied on my experience and previous knowledge. Good luck with the exam!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA Network+, MCP, MCTS: Windows 7
    Thanks guys.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network +, GSEC, GCIH, Lunatic+
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisseki View Post
    Good evening all,

I know you probably had a lot of people ask how long does it take to study for the Network+ but how long did it take you to pass this exam?

Also, what resources do you recommend?
    I studied the Network+ Exam cram book for about a week, including reading it cover to cover over the weekend. I was currently working as a Hardware Tech for several years at the time and was familiar with about a 1/3 of the material before I even opened the book from learning it on the job.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member
    It took 1.5 months for me to get myself completely prepare for the Network+, I made an effort by giving 2hous every day after when I am back from my work. Prior to that, I took the A+, and for both of my certification, I used uCertify online study material that helped me to pass my certification in one attempt with good marks.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks