+ Reply to Thread
  1. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ N+

Default Failed my N+ twice

Got the same score of 623

This second time I felt so good about it. I knew all the devices, what they did, protocols, ports, acronyms, etc...

The simulations were cake also.

I think I got stumped with the "choose the best" option type of questions, plus those long paragraph questions.

My school is going to try to get me another free retake.

I don't know What I should do differently this time to pass.

My materials were total tester exam questions and the Cert guide book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, N+
    Sorry to hear you failed it, I hope the school can get you another retake.

I myself will be taking it next week, and hearing people that it's really hard, it makes me nervous.

Have you tried this resources?I've tried all those, I feel that I can't never know too much. Also try doing your own flash cards. After that take practice exams and try to score above 80% (if not go back and review on what you missed)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    Quote Originally Posted by edgg51 View Post
    Sorry to hear you failed it, I hope the school can get you another retake.

I myself will be taking it next week, and hearing people that it's really hard, it makes me nervous.

Have you tried this resources?I've tried all those, I feel that I can't never know too much. Also try doing your own flash cards. After that take practice exams and try to score above 80% (if not go back and review on what you missed)
    Those materials will definitely help you pass!
    Certs Gained 2017: 70-410, 70-411,74-409, MCSA Server 2012r2
    Upcoming: Security +, ITIL FOUNDATIONS, 70-345 Exchange Server 2016, Ccent

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. cdx

Certifications
    GSEC, CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, CCENT, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MTA
    check out examcram book
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. acw

Certifications
    CISA, Sec+, Net+
    I'll offer a word of advice from another perspective: The issue may not be lack of knowledge of the materials, it may be your test taking approach. You will run into questions that you can't answer. Make a quick best guess and move on. The thing that can hurt you is using time to try to figure out the answer if you don't really know. The results of doing that are probably just slightly better than your best educated guess, especially if you can eliminate one or two answer options, but if trying to reason through the answer costs you the chance to answer even one question that you really do know it isn't worth it. One thing that may really help - although it may seem unrelated to networking - spend a little time doing research on test taking for the CPA exam..(not the materials - just how to take the test). Those strategies apply to any test like this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks