+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 30 of 30
  1. /threadkiller ande0255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    1,160

    Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Voice, Security
    #26
    Sounds like you need to lab more, do some research and get an imagine of exchange or something and spin a Virtual Machine of it up in VirtualBox (free).

    You need to put the blood sweat and tears into labbing, reading accounts for like 20% of the learning, the other 80% is getting it to work in a lab environment.

    VCP 5 (VMWare), the questions were like 2 paragraphs long and the answers were each 2 questions long, and on a multiple choice THAT is a pain in the ass
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2

    Certifications
    CCNP R&S, CCNA Sec, A+, Net+, JNCIA, Sec+
    #27
    Despite the fact that I passed this exam just over a week ago, I will agree. For an entry level exam, it's degree of difficulty far outweighs it's return on investment. I've yet to encounter any employer that would take a Network Plus seriously.

    In terms of entry level knowledge however, it is much better than the CCENT. Unless you intend on following Cisco's track, the Network Plus is a much better introduction to the field of Networking as a whole.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    De' Nile..
    Posts
    792

    Certifications
    "I eat SubNets like You for breakfast..."
    #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyliinez92 View Post
    I did the 005 but I can't imagine it being that much different from the 006.
    And there you have.
    Maybe it's not more difficult.... or Maybe it is.



    Quote Originally Posted by GoatTG View Post
    Despite the fact that I passed this exam just over a week ago, I will agree. For an entry level exam, it's degree of difficulty far outweighs it's return on investment...
    In terms of entry level knowledge however, it is much better than the CCENT. Unless you intend on following Cisco's track, the Network Plus is a much better introduction to the field of Networking as a whole.
    ^100% agreement.
    I did the N10-005 and the last version of CCNA.

    In terms of the overall curriculum... i found the Net+ to be quite worthwhile.
    (i wish that i had known about the cert a decade earlier).

    I recommend the Net+ curriculum to anyone (new) who's trying to break into Networking.
    (whether or Not the EXAM is worthwhile.... is a different conversation)

    Other people here have already said it best:
    Net+ is a Mile wide, but only a few inches deep.

    The ccna is only a few inches wide, but a mile deep...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    12

    Certifications
    Network+, Security+
    #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ande0255 View Post
    Sounds like you need to lab more, do some research and get an imagine of exchange or something and spin a Virtual Machine of it up in VirtualBox (free).

    You need to put the blood sweat and tears into labbing, reading accounts for like 20% of the learning, the other 80% is getting it to work in a lab environment.

    VCP 5 (VMWare), the questions were like 2 paragraphs long and the answers were each 2 questions long, and on a multiple choice THAT is a pain in the ass
    I have to agree with this.

    I'm a newbie who was running around in circles trying to learn VLANs but after playing around with them on Packet Tracer (while watching the labs on YouTube) I was able to finally understand them .
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. /threadkiller ande0255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Around
    Posts
    1,160

    Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Voice, Security
    #30
    Oh gosh, I typed imagine, my brain is slowly frying like an egg

    And it is absolutely amazing how almost any topic is covered in full detail on there if you ever want a resource for just a particular topic. I never knew but I use it for work as well for troubleshooting or setting up systems I'm unfamiliar with (more as a guide than what I configure).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks