+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Exclamation What are the top things to prep for on Net+ exam?

Hey everyone,

I am taking my Net+ exam in the next few weeks. I've been studying every night after work for 2-3 hours for the past 2 months, and taking a class at Florida Tech every Saturday for 10 hours as well ( ends on the 12th).

I have great extensive knowledge on Net+ as it is, but instead of having information over load and focusing on the wrong things I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the core things to study on.

Any help is appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    I would say if you've studied for 2 months you should be ready for the exam now. On average it takes 4 weeks to bash out the Net+, but it all depends on peoples lifestyles. Check out below on how I passed my Net+:

- Watch all of Professor Messers videos and make notes where I can - Professor Messer's CompTIA N10-006 Network+ Training Course | Professor Messer IT Certification Training Courses

- Thoroughly study the notes and go over each one.

- Use the CompTIA Net+ objectives and mark each section as a checklist so I knew every point that could come up in the exam (this really helped): https://certification.comptia.org/do...objectives.pdf

- Go over Darril Gibsons book if you can. I haven't used it myself but heard a lot of good reviews.

- Use practice tests to test your knowledge (I recommend MeasureUp over ExamCompass but paid for):
    IT Certification Practice Tests and Exams | Online Courses | MeasureUp (Paid for but excellent)
    http://www.examcompass.com/comptia/n...practice-tests (Free but not as detailed or structured)

Advice for the exam:
    - SKIP the simulation questions until last. They may pop up at the very start and catch you offguard. They take the most time to complete so leave them until later (there's usually only 2 or 3).

- Go through all multiple choice questions and answer the ones you are 100% or near confident in. Don't spend too long on a single question. If you don't know one, flag it and come back later.

- Stick with your first answer. Usually your gut instinct choice is right first time, and when I changed my mind I got it wrong.

- Don't study on the day of the exam. Have a healthy breakfast and keep your mind clear and focused. If you cram on the day you may overthink exam questions and mess up.

You are timed so you need to progress quickly, but don't rush. Take your time and follow what I did and you are bound to pass.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Skyliinez92; 05-04-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, MTA 98-366 ,Net+,CCent
    i always answer and flag the question , reason being if u run out of time (like many have on the net+) and don't have time to come back to answer it then its waste of a Q and even if you close your eyes and make a guess you have a 1 in 4 of getting it right .

good luck with exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member
    Thank you guys. Really appreciate this.

Yeah I work in ITIL right now, and have 10 hour days M-F. I took a practice exam last night and scored a 78%, but I don't want to settle with passing I want to score 90% ^ .

After this I move onto my CCNA and then I'm going to try and make a jump to CCIE.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    Agree with Skyliinez92 I did exactly that and passed 3 certs already. finishing up some last minute studies today and tomm prolly relax tomm night
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks