+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Tips for a newbie Network+

Hello,

I currently have no experience whatsoever in this material. I was wondering how and what I could do to get started in preparing for this exam. I started reading into this and would like some tips or material as to what I can do to expand my knowledge on the Network+ material.

Thank you,
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Member

Certifications
    COMPTIA Network+ N10-006
    Just refer to the rest of the threads, you will find resources to study.

start off with prof messer videos and use a comptia study guide for N+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member Moldygr33nb3an's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CSA+, CASP, CEHv9, CCNET, CCNA R&S
    Quote Originally Posted by fishrunt View Post
    Hello,

I currently have no experience whatsoever in this material. I was wondering how and what I could do to get started in preparing for this exam. I started reading into this and would like some tips or material as to what I can do to expand my knowledge on the Network+ material.

Thank you,

Youtube has a free Network + course. Professor Messer.

Just start watching those videos one by one. Best thing to do is allocate 1 hour per day M-F and 2 hours Sat-Sun. Don't be afraid to rewatch a video if you don't understand the material. Back when I learned subnetting, I had to watch the videos probably 4-5 times until I finally got it. lol.
    Working on: CCNA - Security

All your certifications are belong to us.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

You could take a look at perhaps doing a MTA: Networking Fundamentals before going for Network+. I took the MTA last week and it has set me up nicely to continue into Network+. There is even a free video series over at ITPro.tv that they give for free on it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    I can vouch for what everyone has said so far. I did the MTA in Networking Fundamentals first then moved onto Professor Messer to pass the Network+ exam. Also try to get a lot of practical experience wherever you can. I was lucky to land a job as a sysadmin before my Net+ so I had hands-on experience with patching and routing.
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks