+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, Server+, CCNA R&S

Default Questions regarding CompTIA Network+

Hi everyone,

I am planning to take my Network+ and might soon start studying the material.

I already have a CCNA(R&S) cert. Do you think it is still necessary for me to take the Network+?
    Or should I just study and take the CCNP (R&S) track instead?

Also, my A+ cert was recently renewed and extended until July 2020 after I passed my Server+ recently.
    If I take the Network+, will my A+ certificate get renewed for another 3 years (until July 2023)?

Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MBA, BSIT, PMP, CISSP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA, CCDA, CCENT, NET+, SEC+
    Congrats on your Server+ certification. I think you'll be better off going for the CCNP R&S. Taking the NET+ is for someone that's trying to understand the fundamentals of networking. You're surpassed that phase since you already hold the CCNA. I believe the CCNP R&S carries more weight than the NET+. In the U.S. the NET+ would be useful for someone working in the federal government because it's one of the DoD 8570.1 approved baseline certifications and the CCNP is not. Good luck!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+
    No if you were to pass the Net+ exam it would just renew your lower A+ cert for 3 years from the date you passed the Net+. So it would still be 2020. Also, if you ever obtained the Net+ cert, your server+ can renew both the A+ and Net+ whenever you retake the server+ exam since it would be your highest level comptia cert.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP:W10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kend9388 View Post
    No if you were to pass the Net+ exam it would just renew your lower A+ cert for 3 years from the date you passed the Net+. So it would still be 2020. Also, if you ever obtained the Net+ cert, your server+ can renew both the A+ and Net+ whenever you retake the server+ exam since it would be your highest level comptia cert.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe server+ is good for life.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Quote Originally Posted by bits please View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe server+ is good for life.
    This is correct.
    Desktop: MCSE: Mobility | Server: MTA | Cloud: None | Networking: MTA
    Security: None | Linux: None | Service Management: ITIL 2011: Foundation
    Currently Studying: 70-417 - Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 R2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks