+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Star award Help needed, please

Helo everybody,
    im sooo confused,
    im trying to buy one good book that cover all comptia exam objectives, yet I can't decide Which one to buy.
    1- mike meyers book (872 pages)
    2 exam cram (640 pages )
    2- sybex's N+ book (960 pages)

I cant spend a lot of time reading unrelated stuff to the exam, due to time limits

i also have training videos from 1 cbt nuggets 2- mike meyers 3 - IT tv pro 4- infinity skills 5- prof messer ( online videos and notes)

Im also planning to buy INE comptia bundle ( n+,sec+,and cloud + for $160)

so what book you recommends to pass the exam. ( that covers all the objectives) based on your own personal experience.

thank you.
    Last edited by Tjaljew; 07-30-2017 at 02:56 AM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    I would personally recommend Darril Gibson's book. He covers a lot of content in detail and you will see his name mentioned a lot on here. If you want to see the full list of objectives for the Network+ exam, CompTIA have a link. You can use it as a checklist and mark off each section once you feel near 100% confident in:

https://certification.comptia.org/do...objectives.pdf

I would also recommend checking out Professor Messers free video course. He has short videos for each objective in the exam and goes into a lot of detail, and you can watch how something is done and follow along.

Professor Messer's CompTIA N10-006 Network+ Training Course | Professor Messer IT Certification Training Courses

If you want to go over any practice exams once you feel ready, Exam Compass is a good free resource that you can test yourself with on short fact-based questions. If you want something a little more structural and closer to the exam conditions, MeasureUps is your best shot.

CompTIA Network+ Practice Test Questions | Exam N10-006

https://www.measureup.com/

Good luck!
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Thank you for your advice
    im trying to find Darril gibson's net + on amazon or ebay, and had no success.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

I used Mike Meyers book and tests, I passed with those and Professor Messer.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjaljew View Post
    Thank you for your advice
    im trying to find Darril gibson's net + on amazon or ebay, and had no success.
    As best I can tell, DG only has the practice tests, flash cards and the subnetting tutorial. I don't think he wrote a Network+ book.

There are also a bunch of "Kindle shorts" for some of the Network+ content. As a bonus, they are free if you are a KindleUnlimited subscriber. Otherwise, each is $2.99.

Of course, we might all be wrong, and DG has written the perfect book for Network+. If only he would post and say so...

Hint, hint. Darril, that means you.....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA Network+, MCP, MCTS: Windows 7
    Darril doesn't have a full study for Network+ however I recommend Todd Lammle's book.

He explains subnetting very well and easy to understand.

Please don't buy too many study material. It's a waste of money because you probably won't use all of them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nisseki View Post
    Please don't buy too many study material. It's a waste of money because you probably won't use all of them.
    To be honest Nisseki is right. I've only briefly looked at Darril's content but I mainly used Professor Messer to pass as it was free. Only took me a month.
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+
    I second the use of Professor Messer video series for the Network+. Was helpful and I learned a few things there that I didn't know before. Know your ACL syntax well.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    B.S., CompTIA A+
    I'm using the Exam Cram Net+ book and Professor Messer's videos. I did the same for the A+ tests and that worked out decently. I also had previous knowledge from TestOut, that helped me a TON with the simulation questions I had for both of the A+ tests. I'm hoping the Network+ simulations I did with TestOut will help me with my Net+ test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks