+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016, BTEC Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence

Default Network+ Worth It?

Hi all,

I currently have my A+ and MCSA in Windows Server 2012. I'm looking to get multiple MCSAs and maybe even an MCSE. Do you think the Network+ is worth it? Will it benefit me?

Thanks
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
    Studying: Exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
    Want: MCSA: Windows 10, MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Exam 70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016), Network+, Security+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    Personally I would say yes. It may be an entry level cert but it covers a lot of ground in the Networking world and will give you the knowledge you need to work in an Enterprise environment. You can go for the CCNA afterwards if you want to solidify your networking knowledge, but this will be enough to boost your chances of landing a 2nd line/sysadmin role, plus you could smash it out in a month with enough study.
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016, BTEC Level 2 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
    Would you say its better to get than the MTA: Networking Fundamentals? - I don't think I will ever go for CCNA as I prefer my Server and Client Administration to actual networking. I have fairly good understanding of DHCP and DNS etc from my MCSA so would you say I shouldn't find the N+ too challenging?
    Certifications: CompTIA A+, MCP, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
    Studying: Exam 70-698: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
    Want: MCSA: Windows 10, MCSA: Office 365, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (Exam 70-744: Securing Windows Server 2016), Network+, Security+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    I did both the MTA and the Network+ exams and can say that N+ is definitely more rewarding and valuable than the MTA. If you've done other certs in the past like the MCSA then this will cover some networking ground depending on what the exam is talking about. It's also widely recognized and covers a lot of ground in networking so it will be a valuable cert to have for a sysadmin role. Check out the resources below that I used to pass the N+:

Professor Messer's CompTIA N10-006 Network+ Training Course | Professor Messer IT Certification Training Courses

https://certification.comptia.org/do...objectives.pdf

CompTIA Network+ Practice Test Questions | Exam N10-006 (ExamCompass is a fact-based low level practice test source. If you find these too easy and want to try a test in real exam conditions I would recommend MeasureUps).
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, Server+
    Is the knowledge valuable? Yes. Is it worth taking the exam? Probably not, unless your employer is requiring it.

If you want to actually touch any of the networking equipment, then go for CCNA/CCNE
    Last edited by mikey88; 08-08-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    2017 Goals: Security+ [] Server+ []
    2018 Goals: CCNA Cyber Ops, Security[ ] CISSP [ ]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks