+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passed Network+

Certifications
    CCENT, Network+

Default Passed Network+

Hello everyone, just dropping by to share my experience with the Network+ exam. After failing my first attempt, I managed to pass just with a 750 with 720 being the passing score. People can say whatever they want but the test is brutal, you have one and a half hour to respond nearly 90 questions and some of them are simulations that take most of your time. And don't forget that every multiple choice question is at least 4 sentences long and most of the time the question is not even clear. I don't know how much of an entry level this cert is anymore, considering how difficult is to pass. My advice if anyone wants to pass is: focus on the simulations, if you do well on those you have high chance to pass. If you don't know an answer flag the question and move on, you don't need to answer all questions right to pass so your job is to secure the ones you know answer to first. After you go through all the questions, go back to every flagged question and do the best you can with the remaining time( unlike Cisco, you can't go back to a question after you answered). Just wanted to share my experience with you guys, don't give up and good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MS in Security Information, Sec+,A+, Server+, Network+, Certified Network Defense Profesional (CNDP), Certified Cybercrime Forensic Investigator
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing! Whats next?
    Year goals
    Security+ [done] Next is CCENT-CCNA [loading..]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+
    Great job! Regardless of how easy everyone says they are they are not that easy with limited experience.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, Network+
    Thanks, I know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, Network+
    Thanks, next: MCP, Linux+, VMWARE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    GWAPT, GSEC, Associate of (ISC)2, C|EH, CCNA:Security, CCNA:R&S, CCENT, Security+, Network+
    Congrats! Just out of curiosity, why did you go back to get Network+ when you already have a CCENT? It seems like CCNA would have made more sense.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, Server+
    Quote Originally Posted by genoshyn View Post
    Thanks, next: MCP, Linux+, VMWARE
    Congrats on the pass. Agree with TechGuru, stop wasting time with useless certs and go finish CCNA
    2017 Goals: Security+ [] Server+ []
    2018 Goals: CCNA R/S, Security [ ]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, Network+
    I know! I know! Hahahaha. But honestly guys, I'm the kind of person who thinks that the more on your resume the better, and I thought I already got my CCENT, how card can a miserable Network+ be? Why not grab this (easy) cert really quick and put it on my resume, it wI'll be a piece of cake. I only studied for a week to get it, but little I knew that it was going to be such a challenge! So I failed, and once you spend the money and the time you don't want it to go to waste, so I tried again and passed. I'm scheduled for my ICND2 on December so don't worry, everything is part of a plan hehehe.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network +, MTA: 98-366, 367,MCP, MCTS Win 7, VCP-DCV, MCSA SERVER 2012, MCTS Hyper-V
    Congrats on passing your network+ exam. I'm studying for my ccent as we speak , what study methods did you use to help you pass your ccent?
    Certs Gained 2017: 70-410, 70-411,74-409, MCSA Server 2012r2
    Upcoming: Security +, ITIL FOUNDATIONS, 70-345 Exchange Server 2016, Ccent

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” - 1 Thessalonians 5:11
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, Network+
    Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, Network+
    Thanks! Well, I have the CCNA curriculum from Cisco Network Academy and that's what I used to study. If you can get your hands on Cisco Packet Tracer and practice show commands on the command line interface, that would help you a lot. Learn NAT show commands and interface show commands for the simulations and you should only have to worry about the multiple choice questions. Hope it helps.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks