+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Started Studying For Network+

Good afternoon,

I been recently studying the A+ 901/902 and decided to start the Network+, does anyone recommend any study books for the Network+? Is studying for this test in a month enough or i would need to spend more time i have heard this test is harder but i felt the A+ is because its two test and alot of memorization.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    AAS Networking, CCENT, MCP, MCA,Schneider Electric DCCA, Server+, Security+, Network+, Project+, others
    When it comes to CompTIA you can't go wrong with the Sybex books. And if you need lectures Professor Messer is a good resource.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Security+, Network+, Server+
    Out of A+/Net+/Server+/Sec+ exams that I took, I would rate Network+ as the hardest exam, and the only exam that I failed the first time around. You cannot study enough for it.

Make sure you utilize multiple sources. Good luck.
    2017 Goals: Security+ [] Server+ []
    2018 Goals: CCNA R/S, Security [ ]
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    Professor Messer, Cybex, CompTIA Net+ objectives PDF, MeasureUps Practice Exams.

Strongly recommend all of the above. You shouldn't need more than 4-6 weeks of study, it's a fairly easy exam.
    2018 Goals: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697) MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742), RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    MTA 365|366|369 |Network +|MCP 70-410
    Strongly recommend the CBTNuggets course. If you combine the course along with a book and some practice exams you can't go far wrong.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe21 View Post
    Strongly recommend the CBTNuggets course. If you combine the course along with a book and some practice exams you can't go far wrong.
    I have been using ITProTV, what’s the difference between that and CBTNuggets?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    I agree with Sharpe21 that the CBTNuggets videos are a great study source, however I would personally avoid it for a CompTIA exam. When you book for a CompTIA exam you're usually spending hundreds just to take it. You then need to think about cost for study material beforehand. Professor Messer is a free video source and a great one too. You will see his name mentioned a lot on this site. Everything you learn will help you pass the exam and even retain the information in the long run for your career. The CompTIA exams are factual-based exams, so they're not expecting too much from you. If you want to save money, I highly recommend the material in my last post. Everything there is all I used and I passed first time within 4 weeks.
    2018 Goals: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697) MCSA: Windows Server 2016 (70-740, 70-741, 70-742), RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey88 View Post
    Out of A+/Net+/Server+/Sec+ exams that I took, I would rate Network+ as the hardest exam, and the only exam that I failed the first time around. You cannot study enough for it.

Make sure you utilize multiple sources. Good luck.
    I've heard similar comments from many people. In order of difficulty, MOST difficult to least, I would rank them:
    Network+
    A+902
    A+901
    Security+

I haven't tried Server+. But everyone I know who has all the first three says the same thing...Security+ is easy compared to the others...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davec8080 View Post
    I've heard similar comments from many people. In order of difficulty, MOST difficult to least, I would rank them:
    Network+
    A+902
    A+901
    Security+

I haven't tried Server+. But everyone I know who has all the first three says the same thing...Security+ is easy compared to the others...
    Really? I heard Network+ is hard but i thought A+ 901 was hard cause its alot to remember, not sure about the 902 i heards it easier compared to the 901. Security+ i would think be the harder one after Network+ but i dont know since i am new to studying for certifications.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Level 99 Wizard Skyliinez92's Avatar

Certifications
    I personally thought Security+ was harder... everyone has a different opinion, there's no point setting yourself a difficulty ladder because you will find out for yourself when you take the exams.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+
    Quote Originally Posted by davec8080 View Post
    Network+
    A+902
    A+901
    Security+

902 was easier for me than 901 was. I just scheduled my Net+ exam for Monday. Then it's on to Sec+ then Proj+ to wrap up my 2nd term @ WGU.
    Up Next: CCENT
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks