+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+,Network +,ITIL Foundation;CCNA, CCNP/BCMSN ,CCNA Voice, CVoice/CCVP

Default Nervous... taking test tomorrow

I have been studying for almost 2 mos now off and on. I hope Im ready for this
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    What resources have you used to study?

2 months of study time sounds good for this exam. Best of luck to you!

One quick tip I use for exam... I swear it works.

Chew some gum while taking the exam... I tends to relax me enough to not have that fast heart beating feeling.... I've done this with hard candies before as well... Once the candy was done I got the "butterflies" feeling in my stomach.....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Exam Cram 2
    Mike Meyers passport
    Cant remember the sybex book name
    technotes here
    other various sites

I hate memorizing the standards like 802.3u 802.3j and what not.. also the lengths of the media, the speed and all that

its tough to remember all those... Im trying to figure out some sort of word association to go with them i.e. 10gbaseER...

Do they ask alot about the length of media?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    And for the record one more time, if asked what level the NIC resides in and the choices are physical or data link which do I say? Hopefully they will ask which layerS they reside in as obvious choice would be both...

But if asked? Most of the sites I have read and books have the NIC in layer 2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    Quote Originally Posted by plague22
    And for the record one more time, if asked what level the NIC resides in and the choices are physical or data link which do I say? Hopefully they will ask which layerS they reside in as obvious choice would be both...

But if asked? Most of the sites I have read and books have the NIC in layer 2
    A NIC is a physical device but "operates" in the Data-Link Layer. Have a look at the IEEE 802.2 specifications.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, MCTS, CCNA, CCNA:Security, ITIL Foundations
    2 months of study is more than enough for the Network+ exam. Took me 3 weeks to get ready for it.

Make sure you go over the NetWare, Apple portion. Know your cables, topologies, OSI model, ports.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by BookFella
    2 months of study is more than enough for the Network+ exam. Took me 3 weeks to get ready for it.

Make sure you go over the NetWare, Apple portion. Know your cables, topologies, OSI model, ports.
    +1, I did a week of hardcore studying and I passed on first shot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks