Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Junior Member
    What a stressful post.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+
    Going to take the test in a couple of weeks. Here is what I just found on CompTIA website:

Question
    Which objectives are tested on CompTIA Network+ 2007 edition?
    Answer
    The CompTIA Network+ 2007 edition tests to the CompTIA Network+ 2005 objectives. The 2007 edition includes updated test questions, but the objectives and exam preparation materials are still valid.
    Sorry, I can't provide direct link but you can find the info under CompTIA FAQ here http://certification.comptia.org/customer_service
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Anserk
    Going to take the test in a couple of weeks. Here is what I just found on CompTIA website:

Question
    Answer
    The CompTIA Network+ 2007 edition tests to the CompTIA Network+ 2005 objectives. The 2007 edition includes updated test questions, but the objectives and exam preparation materials are still valid.
    Sorry, I can't provide direct link but you can find the info under CompTIA FAQ here http://certification.comptia.org/customer_service
    Darn CompTIA and their witty ways.

I wonder what they mean by "updated questions"?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+. Currently re-studying Net+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anserk

Question
    Answer
    That's interesting. I'm assuming that "updating" the questions on the exams without altering the objectives is the work of CompTIA then? I wonder how many other exams they do this for (if any) besides Net+... As I said, I just passed my A+ exam (2003 obj., through Thompson) about two months ago, and it was still listed as A+ 2003.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Johan Hiemstra Forum Admin Webmaster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    MCSE NT4 MCSA 2000/2003 Security+ (expired: CWNA, CNA, CCNA)
    Refreshing the exam pool is obviously a good thing for the certification you want to get, and something CompTIA should do more often. At some point the questions themselves become old and are 'shared' too often. Not only on dump/cheat sites but too many bad writers/publishers focus too much on the exam content rather than on the exam topics.

On a similar note: the Network+ TechNotes are written/updated specifically for the N10-003 objectives, which are covered on the Network+ 2007 exam. The same thing applies to the good books, CBTs, and practice exams, so if you bought legit study material you don't need to worry.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    I wish CompTIA would make this a bit more public though. Regardless, I suppose I wrote the exam with updated questions - it did not seem much different from what was discussed in the books I had read.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCP 70-270
    i recently took the a+ 2003 test and it had questions that were more relevant to recent topics. its weird unless you take the test. you will understand if you take the test, they change the wording and make it relevent. perhaps instead of saying a high speed connection of 1.5/384 it would say 5/1 or even 20/5 like i have . thats the best explincation i can give you.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by manic
    i recently took the a+ 2003 test and it had questions that were more relevant to recent topics. its weird unless you take the test. you will understand if you take the test, they change the wording and make it relevent. perhaps instead of saying a high speed connection of 1.5/384 it would say 5/1 or even 20/5 like i have . thats the best explincation i can give you.
    I've seen questions like that too. They seem to update some of the questions to, maybe, relate with the Candidate?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCP 70-270
    lol i wonder how hard it would be to get in as a tech for comptia's testing facilitys
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member

Default 07 net+ exam questions

I just toook the test, and barely failed, but a lot of the questions are "Harder" from what i understand. They were all theory, throw the cable lengths and port number memorization out the window. Seemed to concentrate on linux / windows / novell compatability (what is needed to make them work togeather). Also, be familiar with whast frequency 802.11 a/b/g run on and what devices cause interference. That got me for like 3 questions, which probly would have allowed me to pass!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    C|EH, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003-2008-2012, MCP, MCTS, MS 74-409, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, CCNP
    looks like they have changed it back
    N10-003: CompTIA Network+ Exam
    it also said that I had written the 2007 test in my exam history, but now it doesn't.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCP, MCTS:Vista, MCSA (50% 70-290)

Default Re: Network+ 2007 at Pearson?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeberg
    Does anyone else know about this?

Just tried to sign up for N+ 2005, Pearson/VUE told me that I can only sign up for N+ 2007 now, N+ 2005 is dead.

Can anyone tell me what the f(%* happened here? I cannot see any changes on the CompTIA website, and no stidy guides for the 2007 test - anywhere.

Have I just entered the twilight zone?

Michael Berg
    Cert-less for now

As reliable as this forum is (and I say that with no sarcasm), I had to call Comptia and find out for myself. A Comptia rep confirmed that the most recent exam available is for the 2005 objectives, and that PearsonVue's "2007 edition" is just referring to the year that the exam is for. She also advised that as long as you follow the exam codes, you'll be all set.

So follow the exam code. PearsonVue's code for "2007 edition" is the same as what Comptia certifies you for: N10-003.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Member

Certifications
    CCNA, CCNA:W, JNCIA-Junos, MCP, MCDST, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, ITILF, LCTP, CIW DDS, CIW WDS
    I had the same questions as all of you when I finished my test. When I got the wonderful piece of paper that says I passed, it listed it as the 2007 Network+ Edition. Once my information was posted on CompTIA's website a few days later it said 2005 Network+ Edition. Then when I went to order my Certification package and it said Network+ 2002. So I was completely confused by all of this so I emailed them, after a few weeks of waiting here is what they sent me. Hope this explains it for all:

Summary: Network+ 2005 difference between 2007?

Opened: 2007-12-02 01:01:34.647 Status: CLOSED

Description: Hi - I just passed my Network+ on Friday and on my papers I received at the testing facility it says I passed the 2007 edition. On CompTIA's website it says I passed the 2005 edition. Now the certificate package that you are sending me says "Network+ 2002". Can you explain to me what is with the discrepancies with the years? Thanks!

Last Comment: Dear xxxx, Thank you for your question. CompTIA is introducing the edition date to all newly published versions of our exams. The edition year does not indicate a new set of objectives. For example, the CompTIA Network+ Exam (2007 edition) covers the 2005 objectives. The date base date was not changed back in 2005 the old date of 2002 still appears but you are receiving the correct Network+ certificate with your correct certification date. The system is correct and you took the current Network+ exam. Have a good day. GCozzi
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, MCP , MCTS, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA

Default Re: N+ 2007

Just passed N+ 2007 edition a week bak yeah baby... Yeah... i blaze it....so now MCSE VS CCNA?
    whats next guys....... ?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE 2k3, MCSA 2k3, MCTS: Vista Config, MCITP: Enterprise Support, MCDST, CompTIA Network+
    Just passed N+ 2007 edition a week bak yeah baby... Yeah... i blaze it....so now MCSE VS CCNA?
    whats next guys....... ?

What?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks