+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: just failed

1. Member

Certifications
    A+, EMT-I (I know it's not tech, but, the A+ was getting lonely)
    I had failed as well with either a 534 or 536 (don't quite remember at this point). But, I am going to take the test again. If for nothing else, after the HR interview, you'll have an interview with IT, and it will at least show a base knowledge. Besides, I've really gotten alot out of studying it. I had no exp with novell, mac, and very little with linux. After I failed, I gave up for a little while but am getting back on the wagon for it. I'm now dual booting between linux and windows (and actually mostly using linux at this point), have taken over the MAC support at my job (we used to say we wouldn't support it), and am still looking for a good way to learn about novell. This is good developement, if nothing else. I just want it down at this point to move on to my MCSA, and, I think it will go quickly at this point. GL on whatever you decide to do.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+ / NET+ / SEC+ / MCSA
    i was getting depressed about N+ till i saw the post above mine. my roots arent IT and i got my A+ for the hell of it, but alas my efforts were not done in vain knowing I can use the N+, whenever i get off my @$$ and finally finish it
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ , Network +, Linux+, CCNA, CCNA Security
    It's all about what you combine with your certs. If you take those certs and build on them as far as exploring and learning you can move up the ladder in IT. If you add passion with those certs, you can move beyond the entry level jobs. Don't say they are worthless. I only have my A+, Network+, and Linux+ and I landed a 46K a year job as a Network Technician. You have to apply yourself and your knowledge and exhibit that knowledge in your job interviews and you can get where you want to go. It takes work, constant learning, and passion.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+ / NET+ / SEC+ / MCSA
    man, i remember when 46k was one of my goals... things change when a family, mortgage, cars, bills, etc, in the picture

a wide background can sure open up some doors, give you added value, spice up your resume, etc... i like that a lot and use it, high competition out there
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCITP, Novell CLE, A+, Linux+, CEH, RHCE, Sec+, Serv+
    its all about being able to work with people.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+ iNet+ Network+ LPIC -1 Linux +

Default just failed

Hey man

I took the exam about 3 weeks ago and failed I scored 501. I didn't really follow the exam objectives plus some of the study guides I had was a joke. I mean a complete waste of time. I bought the Network + 2005 in depth. The book was a hard read and it did not have the answers to the practice exam. but after burning the midnight oil and trying to digest 14 chapters I managed to go down and past the test on the second time . The bottom line since you failed you now know what to expect so don't be down on yourself go retake the exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks