View Poll Results: What is the hardest topic to study for NET+?

Voters
2480. You may not vote on this poll
  • Media and Topologies

188 7.58%
  • Network Components and VLANs

135 5.44%
  • TCP/IP suite

260 10.48%
  • 7-layer OSI Model

849 34.23%
  • Remote Access and Security Protocols

437 17.62%
  • Proxies and Firewalls

179 7.22%
  • Network Support

297 11.98%
  • Other... please specify

135 5.44%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Certifications
    CCNP:Route , CCNA, Security+, Network+,
    The OSI model was easy. The hardest part for me to grasp was the remote access and security protocols.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member

Certifications
    Network+
    Hay everyone i'm new here, so i got a problem and could seriously do with some advice. i'm writing my N+ exam soon I've only been studying for 3 weeks so far and have no experience in networking, I've been studying from the professor messer N10-005 vids and other free material plus I've done alot of free N+ exams which are 100+ questions long but here's where the problem comes in, i can't score 80% or above. In all my tests i keep scoring 70% - 79% and i'm getting frustrated cause i want to score in the 80s as a minimum.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Mworwell, I concur.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+ , Network+
    Buy a Network+ book (I'm using Myers). Read it front cover to back. Make flash cards with MemoryLifter after each chapter. Crush the test.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member
    I would say the OSI model for me. Specifically, trying to remember all the services and protocols within each layer. Was a little tricky and def took me more time to work on that area than any other requirement for the NET+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

For me, it's the different Ethernet standards. I think i need to make a cheat sheet of the standards to keep them clear.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Junior Member
    Acronyms on top of acronyms on top of acronyms.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Network+
    You said it brother
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. JDP
    Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    Security+, getting Net+ in 2 weeks; A+ later this year
    Mostly the bulk of Objective 3.0! Which is what Net+ is mainly consisting of. The rest of objectives were covered in Security+, and we keep repeating those and those are already mastered. The cable types, connectors that go on them are hardest for me to remember-- length, speed, distance, attenuation etc.. Need more hands on practice and, those who've already taken and passed Net+ a few weeks ago are on to the hands-on stuff now. The rest of us are still doing test drills. Occasionally individually, (but mostly as a group effort), which drives me crazy as when there's study group in class usually everyone is shouting over each other or shooting out answers like machine guns and it is difficult for me to decipher what was said!!) We who are left to take the Net+ exam are not taking ours until the end of this semester....I feel as though we must be chopped liver, and it sucks!! To go into this field, it's very important you know by not just mind but by hand/eye what you are looking at (when it comes to troubleshooting)-- unless we get this practice, we won't be very good at our jobs!! It makes me very frustrated at times Besides, they are cramming several months or more of training into 2/3 of the semester....so it's really accelerated!!!
    Last edited by JDP; 05-12-2014 at 09:02 PM. Reason: add-on
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    Network +
    Securities!!!! and SNMP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ , N+, Server +
    Subnetting specifically is a right headache. No matter how many different texts I read, videos I watch and posts I read it doesn't want to sink in. Unlike most other people, the OSI seem to make relative logical sense!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    network+
    OSI Model is the hardest of all as i have to remember all the names and services associated with each layer.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+
    I would say the whole troubleshooting aspect but when you get to the whole Cisco realm its like someone taking a crap in your brain. Overall if you match CBT nuggets with books and practice exams/simulations and study over and over you can pass Network+ or any exam at that it all just takes time and repetition.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, A+, Network+
    Voted other for Troubleshooting.

Actual troubleshooting in the real world in my experience isn't that hard (for 75% of the issues), the scenario based troubleshooting questions on exams however... Annoying.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practitioner, VCP-DCV 5/6, Storage+, CCNA R+S/Sec/CyberOps, Sec+, CEH, CASP
    The OSI model mightn't be the hardest to study for, but is the hardest to wrap your head around conceptually for the first time and to start applying in a meaningful way. I mean it is more than just remembering what to do with sausage pizza or fearing birthdays. But it is also, I have found, the most useful concept in understanding networking, and actually a whole lot of other concepts that run along similar lines like storage virtualisation.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. KD!
    For me being a newbie to the tech side of IT/NET+ it is mainly understanding how all things work together in the network. It can be a bit confusing. However, I'm chipping away at the Iceberg one icepick stab at a time, and am enjoying the ride to certification
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. KD!
    Study the N10-006 vids because there have been some changes to the objectives fro 005. My recommendation is not too,oooo spend too much time on simulation questions during your exam. I did and it cost me 7 q's on the back end.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. KD!
    to,oooo was a typo
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Junior Member Andy from Sactown's Avatar

Certifications
    Linux+, Network+, Security+
    Bit surprised OSI model was such a difficulty. Going to be starting a month long, 80-hour in class certification prep class next week and was expecting different poll responses.. I remember OSI from training from a decade ago.. /shrug
    Last edited by Andy from Sactown; 11-16-2016 at 11:52 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    A+
    I don't understand how the 7 layer OSI model is the hardest. It's pretty easy to remember and the questions I get for them are easy to figure out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Level 99 Wizard Skyliinez92's Avatar

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Net+ | Sec+ | MCTS: Win 7 MCP | MTA NF | MTA OSF
    Hardest part for me was Subnetting. I found the OSI quite easy once I got my head around it.
    Currently working at: MCSA: Windows 10 (70-698, 70-697)
    2018/2019 Goals: MCSE: Mobility, MCSA: Windows Server 2012, RHCSA

"There are 10 types of people in this world; those who understand binary and those who don't." - Anon
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Junior Member Registered Member
    I wish I had more cable type and speed questions, I had very little of those and very little OSI questions. Most of the questions I got seemed more like security +. I keep hearing talks about the A+ and Network+ being basic certs, but I studied my you know what off and had a very hard time with both. None of the resources prepared me for any of the test, I used Ucertify and aced all the practice test I took, but the exams seemed more geared towards persons who already have hands on experience.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA Network+, MCP, MCTS: Windows 7
    Subnetting was hard for me but I'm surprised that OSI model was voted the most hardest.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Social Networking & Bookmarks