+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    You need to do your own cost benefit analysis. Study the Net+ material, but I wouldn't recommend actually taking the exam unless you've got money to burn, or you just want to get an idea of what it's like taking a timed and proctored exam.

The Net+ itself becomes essentially worthless once you pass the CCNA. If you're going to knock out the CCNA in less than a year, I don't think Net+ is worth it, especially with it's lifetime status gone away. If it'll take you a few years to get to CCNA, then maybe it's worth it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+,ITIL,CWTS,CWNA, CCENT,CCNA,CCNP
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken_GA View Post

The Net+ itself becomes essentially worthless once you pass the CCNA. If you're going to knock out the CCNA in less than a year, I don't think Net+ is worth it, especially with it's lifetime status gone away. If it'll take you a few years to get to CCNA, then maybe it's worth it.
    very subjective question but How long does it take on average to study for and pass the ccna?
    for someone who is say new to networking and someone who has some basic knowledge of it?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, MCSE x10... and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken_GA View Post
    You need to do your own cost benefit analysis. Study the Net+ material, but I wouldn't recommend actually taking the exam unless you've got money to burn, or you just want to get an idea of what it's like taking a timed and proctored exam.

Not only that, but the CCENT (which you get by passing the first exam in the two-exam track for the CCNA) was meant to be a replacement for the Network+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MrXpert View Post
    very subjective question but How long does it take on average to study for and pass the ccna?
    for someone who is say new to networking and someone who has some basic knowledge of it?
    Depends on the person, their dedication, their willings to study, and their comprehension ability. I studied for the CCNA for 10 months, but I could have done it after six (I was in the Cisco Network Academy in a year long course, and by the time we hit month 10, I couldn't take the slow pace of the class anymore and just went and passed the exam).

Some folks can do it quicker, some slower, it's up to each individually to honestly assess how much time it will take them, and to reassess based on progress down the line. I think a large part of the problem people have is that they don't know how to set goals properly. If folks would write their goals down, on purpose, with a definite set date, and then work toward that, it works out alot better than 'I'll take it when I'm ready'. Next thing you know it's 2 years later, and you've spent more time watching television than studying
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks