+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, VCP5-DCV

Default Taking the network + next week

I have been on and off studying for the network + and icnd 1 for the last 8 months (was not focused enough). I started a network + prep class 2 weeks ago (required for my degree) so I have been studying hard.

Right now I am have been using the MM Passport book, cbt nuggets videos, and Measure Up practice test. I read the passport book and have used cbt nuggets videos to enforce topics I did not understand. Right now on measureup's I am averaging 95-99% consistently. On the practice test I reviewed areas I was getting wrong and re-read/watched with the book or videos.

Does this sound like a good plan? I plan on taking the test the 17th. Should I look at any other practice test or just going through the measureups?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    MCT, A+, Net+, Security+, CASP, SSCP, CISSP, MCSE, MCITP...
    Yes, that all sounds good. I'm assuming that you've been using N10-004 study materials since you started 8 months ago. As long as you plan on taking the N10-004 exam, this all sounds good. I look forward to seeing your post next week saying you've passed.

Darril Gibson
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 04-08-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, VCP5-DCV
    Oops yes I have been studying the N10-004 exam. I ended up getting the date bumped to Saturday morning, I wanted to bump up the date because I can get an automatic A for getting my network + in the class I am in now.

Wish me luck and I will post my score once I have it.
    Last edited by chappys4life; 01-12-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Good luck and let us know how you do!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA
    Good luck in the exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+ Net+ Sec+ Linux+ Project+ CCENT CCNA CCNA-SEC
    Good Luck! I'm just starting. Let us know
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    See Sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darril View Post
    Yes, that all sounds good. I'm assuming that you've been using N10-004 study materials since you started 8 months ago. As long as you plan on taking the N10-004 exam, this all sounds good. I look forward to seeing your post next week saying you've passed.

Darril Gibson
    Security+ Blog
    Security+/Network+ Daily Tips
    Do you think the differences between the 004 and 005 are significant enough to cause worry? I've been studying 004 material, but booked a 005 for the 28th!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, VCP5-DCV
    I passed with a 853! I was freaking out thinking I did not know the stuff so I answered them all closed my eyes for a second and calmed down then reviewed my answers and felt semi better. So glad I am done with it now onto the Security+.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCT, A+, Net+, Security+, CASP, SSCP, CISSP, MCSE, MCITP...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenniusce View Post
    Do you think the differences between the 004 and 005 are significant enough to cause worry? I've been studying 004 material, but booked a 005 for the 28th!
    Short answer. Yes.

Long answer. I recently completed an analysis of the differences between the N10-004 and N10-005 exams and posted it here:
    Network+ N10-004 and N10-005 Differences. I don't know your background so don't know if you'll have the extra knowledge to cover the differences, but if you've been studying N10-004 material, I'd suggest you either shift focus to study N10-005 material and fill in the gaps, or change the scheduled exam to N10-004. You can continue to take the N10-004 exam until August.

HTH,

Quote Originally Posted by chappys4life View Post
    I passed with a 853! I was freaking out thinking I did not know the stuff so I answered them all closed my eyes for a second and calmed down then reviewed my answers and felt semi better. So glad I am done with it now onto the Security+.
    Congratullations. Great score. Good luck on the Security+.

Darril Gibson
    Last edited by Plantwiz; 04-08-2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: consecutive posting
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Server+,A+, N+, MCDST, HDI/SCA, MCP, ITIL Foundations 2011, VCA5-DCV,VCA5-Cloud, MTA 98-364
    Congratz on the pass!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, VCP5-DCV
    Thanks guys for the kind words. Hopefully I can kick out the Security+ quickly. I bought Darill's book for the kindle and also borrow the practice questions through lending.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks