+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    See Sig.

Default N10-005 tomorrow.

Brix are being...well, you know the rest.

Any last minute tips, suggestions? Can't sleep.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Review ports, protocols, cabling, and OSI model

Good luck!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCT, A+, Net+, Security+, CASP, SSCP, CISSP, MCSE, MCITP...
    Good luck. Let us know how you did.

Darril Gibson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    See Sig.
    Passed!!! 833/900!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Gaming Tech Expert Dakinggamer87's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Storage+, Project+, Linux+, LPIC-1, CLA, MCP, MCSA, CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM, VCP, VCP-Cloud, CIW, vExpert '16/17, SSBBP
    Congrats on pass!!
    2017/2018 Certification Goals: MCSE (70-410,70-411,70-412,70-413)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Congratulations. Good luck on your next adventure.

Darril Gibson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    See Sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darril View Post
    Congratulations. Good luck on your next adventure.

Darril Gibson
    Do people typically go for the Sec+ next or CCENT? It seems like there it a lot of overlap with both of them. Should I expect the Sec+ to be a lot different from A+, Net+?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenniusce View Post
    Do people typically go for the Sec+ next or CCENT? It seems like there it a lot of overlap with both of them. Should I expect the Sec+ to be a lot different from A+, Net+?
    I'm not sure it's possible to give a blanket answer to what people "typically" do but I do know that many people take Security+ after Network+. The A+, Network+, and Security+ exams are all similar and have some overlap in knowledge. With just passing the Network+ exam, you do have a lot of knowledge that will help you with the Security+ exam so if you pursue it, you'll find that you're close.

The Network+ cert also gives you a lot of knowledge that will help you with the CCENT, but I don't have any Cisco certs so can't say much more than that.

Good luck with whatever is next for you.

Darril Gibson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Junior Member Registered Member
    Congrats on your pass! I am currently A+ certified and new to this site (love what Ive read so far and the community). I was wondering what are the best study materials for the Net+ which I plan on taking soon. I bought the Exam Cram for the A+ after taking some community college classes. I found it to be pretty easy based on my score and would highly recommend the Cram as opposed to a full text book. Do you think the same holds true for Net+? Last question would be, has anyone looked into or plan on taking the Healthcare IT cert? I was considering but not sure how it would benefit me in the job market since it hasn't been fully implemented just yet.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+
    Quote Originally Posted by TearinItDown View Post
    Congrats on your pass! I am currently A+ certified and new to this site (love what Ive read so far and the community). I was wondering what are the best study materials for the Net+ which I plan on taking soon. I bought the Exam Cram for the A+ after taking some community college classes. I found it to be pretty easy based on my score and would highly recommend the Cram as opposed to a full text book. Do you think the same holds true for Net+? Last question would be, has anyone looked into or plan on taking the Healthcare IT cert? I was considering but not sure how it would benefit me in the job market since it hasn't been fully implemented just yet.
    I use Mike Meyers All in One book for both A+ and Network+. in addition, I bought Exam Cram for Net+ for Mike Harwood. Professor Messer's videos was another source I used, and I made notes on his videos. He pretty much goes through all the objectives on the exam, so its good to make notes on his videos to use as a quick review source.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCNA, Network+, A+ (CCNP Progress: 1/3)
    Congrats on the pass!!! Good job.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    See Sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by TearinItDown View Post
    Professormesser.com all the way. Free. Convenient. Videos. I did, however, read the passport mike meyers book as well as the exam cram Q and A book. All 3 make for a potent mixture.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+/Net+/Sec+/Proj+; MCTSx5; MCSAx2; MCITPx2; CCNA R&S
    +1 Professor Messer.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+/Net+/Sec+/Proj+; MCTSx5; MCSAx2; MCITPx2; CCNA R&S
    Congrats!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Junior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, Security+, ITIL, MCITP, MCTS: Exchange 2010, SQL Server 2008, MCSA
    Congratulations, well done.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.S. CSIT; CompTIA A+, Network+; CCNA, DA; CCNP R&S; CCDP
    how did u pass the three comptia certs so fast. what are your study secrets!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CompTIA A+ Network + Microsoft MCTS MCP
    Will be taking my Network + exam at the end of this month and going to be retaking my MS 70-659 exam also. Hopefully will pass both. Currently using the Mike Meyers new book for the N10-005 exam
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by scovyman View Post
    Will be taking my Network + exam at the end of this month and going to be retaking my MS 70-659 exam also. Hopefully will pass both. Currently using the Mike Meyers new book for the N10-005 exam
    Welcome to the forums and best of luck on both exams. You'll find the Network+ much easier than just about any Microsoft exam (except for the MTA exam).

Not sure if you've found it or not, but this site does have a Microsoft forum ( Microsoft Forums) and a good search engine. For example, if you plug in 70-659, you'll get this result (http://www.techexams.net/search.php?searchid=97683) which includes some excellent threads by people that have passed the exam.

Good luck.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks