+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    Network+

Talking How much information should I know about the OSI model?

How much information should I study about the OSI model? Will the Network + exam test me extensively on this subject? I'm taking the test the first week of March, I want to know if there are any other books I should purchase to cram from. I currently have Mike Myers Network + All in one book.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    MCSA: 2012R2, MCS: Server Virtualization, MCTS-Win7, Security+, Server+, Net+, A+
    Quote Originally Posted by oluckyke View Post

How much information should I study about the OSI model? Will the Network + exam test me extensively on this subject? I'm taking the test the first week of March, I want to know if there are any other books I should purchase to cram from. I currently have Mike Myers Network + All in one book.
    You need to know where common protocols fall into in the OSI model and what order they work in.

Check these vids out if you havent already they are free: Professor Messer's Free CompTIA Network+ Certification Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+
    Thanks alot
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Net+, MCDST, CCENT, MCTS: Win 7 Configuring, CCNA, CWTS, CCNA Voice, A.A.S. in Networking
    know it very very well. You will need it for the exam, for future exams, and it will help you day to day in your career.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCIE #32840 (RS), CCNP, CCNA (RS/SEC), FNCNE, BCNE, MCSE, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP:SA, C|EH, CCA, A+, Network+ [working on CCIE SPv3]
    Quote Originally Posted by gosh1976 View Post
    know it very very well. You will need it for the exam, for future exams, and it will help you day to day in your career.
    The nice thing about the OSI model is that it gives us that invisible line-of-blame. In other words after layers 1,2, and 3 it's not my issue anymore

In all honesty though Gosh is right, and I use the OSI for troubleshooting on a daily basis. Learn it, live it, love it! Cheers!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.S. CSIT; CompTIA A+, Network+; CCNA, DA; CCNP R&S; CCDP
    a friend of mine who passed the n+ said to know it like the back of your hand.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks