+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: SNHU vs WGU

1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by NHStudent View Post
    Sorry to bump an old thread but audio, I'm curious as to your status on transferring schools and your feedback overall? I'm trying to decide between So NH and WGU. Leaning towards WGU.
    I am entertaining the thought of doing an MS in Information Security at SNHU (I live near their campus) and doing it as a hybrid. I get far more out of being in a real classroom and interacting with real humans than I do studying online...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Junior Member Registered Member

Default I also live close to the campus (15 minutes away)...

I also live close to the campus (15 minutes away). However, there is a big price difference going the campus route. I think that if I were fresh out of high school, I would want a B&M school experience for at least my bachelors. I got my associates degree this way and later attended several schools towards a bachelors degree (all classroom settings).

At this time for me, online is more appealing due to my work schedule that sometimes involves international travel. Hence, I am interested in WGU or So NH University Online.

WGU is appealing due to the price and ability to move through the courses at an adjustable pace. Certifications are a plus but do add to the workload and testing. However, if solely based on price and you do not take at least 8+ classes per year, both schools are the same $. So if you expect your pace to be 1 class every 8 weeks or 6-7 courses per year - they are both the same cost.

SoNH would seem like the better name on a resume though?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Network+
    I go to WGU and I have total autonomy over my education it's fantastic but you have to put the work in.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks