+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Hardest Cert

Certifications
    SpecterOps: Powershell Adversary Tactics, SilentBreakSecurity - DarkSideOps, CISSP, CCDP, CCNP R/S, CCNP Security (Secure, FW) , C|EH , PA ACE
    Quote Originally Posted by sammen89 View Post
    I think you'll find a handful of CCIE's here, I would be impressed to see some holders of the advanced Offensive Security certifications like....

- OSCE, Offensive Security Certified Expert = (48 hours of lateral thinking, custom binaries, and evading Anti-Virus)
    - OSEE, Offensive Security Exploitation Expert = (72 hours of developing hands-on custom windows exploits, while evading DEP and ASLR)

Those are probably the most difficult if you asked me.
    This +1

There are some seriously insane ridiculous security certs out there. CCIE is very difficult as well and its up there in difficulty too.
    2017 Goals: Dark Side OPS: Custom Pentesting (complete), SpecterOps: PowerShell Adversary Tactics (completed), eCPPT (2nd attempt), LFCS (4th attempt )
    2018 Goals: eCPPT, OSCP
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP, PMP, CCNP, FITSP-M
    To me, there are three requirements for "amazingly-difficult exam". The first is that you have to go somewhere, you can't take it in the comfort of your <wherever>. This is because there's a huge mental advantage by sitting in your office chair, going to the bathroom when you like, grabbing your drink and snack of choice and most importantly, having access to any research materials you want. Quadruple the effect when you have a limited number of sites that will accommodate your exam and you typically have to travel more than 100 miles to get there.

The second is time divided by work. A longer exam does not mean a harder exam. If you take the same amount of work and lengthen the time available, it becomes easier, not harder. I'd suggest the hardest exams are those that many people find a challenge to complete in the time they are given, nap-time not withstanding.

The third is cost. There's a certain amount of stress someone is under when they know they have to pay $1600 for a retake as opposed to someone who has to pay $60.

The CCIE (and CCDE/CCAr) hasn't been the only super-tough exam. MS had an architect exam and VMware's VCDX cert also sounds fairly tough and I'm sure there are more.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Cisco R00t Clan Member NOC-Ninja's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE-Wireless, CCIE-RS (written), CCNP-Wireless, CCNP, CCNA-Wireless, CCNA-Security, CCNA, CEH, CHFI
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does possessing a CCIE pretty much guarantee you'll never be unemployed and always have a high paying job?
    In a perfect world yes.
    Getting employed have a lot of things to consider.
    1. Do you fit in the team? maybe your culture is different, maybe the team mates want their friends to get in?
    2. Does your experience fit to the job? Some are good in certain technology, some are average. What are you exposed at.
    3. Does the job pay the salary that you want? This depends on location, responsibilities, and time at work. Do they want you on the weekends too?
    Things have changed after I passed. I received a big raise. I got job interviews from well known companies. I can demand the salary that I want. I stopped being the low hanging fruit. I stopped being scared of getting laid off due to the economy going up and down.
    Also, I get to take big responsibilities. A lot of things are expected from me. Im also being showcase that I am a CCIE when there are visitors. Those visitors and other managers from other sites contacted me, asking me to call them if i get bored in my team.

In the end. CCIE with the right work ethic and correct experience will get you a job.
    MSISA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. DPG
    For most people the first certification is the hardest to get.

Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practitioner, VCP-DCV 5/6, Storage+, CCNA R+S/Sec/CyberOps, Sec+, CEH, CASP
    Quote Originally Posted by NOC-Ninja View Post
    Im also being showcase that I am a CCIE when there are visitors.
    "And in this room is our CCIE"

"Ooooooooo"

"Please sir, don't tap on the glass. He doesn't like that."
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OctalDump View Post
    "And in this room is our CCIE"

"Ooooooooo"

"Please sir, don't tap on the glass. He doesn't like that."
    Hah! I feel like that whenever they give tours of our home office to the new companies we purchase. And here are the IT people... I always feel like I'm supposed to perform or something.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Adtran: ATSA x5, Cambium: ePMP, Cisco: CCENT CCNA, CompTIA: A+ Sec+
    Quote Originally Posted by TacoRocket View Post
    Where do you live so I can avoid, speaking as a fellow Texan.
    This was in Donna TX. I have since moved to the other side of McAllen.

Quote Originally Posted by DPG View Post
    I might have to agree with DPG on this one.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member

Certifications
    Network+, CCNA, AWS CSA, AWS Developer Associate, AWS SysOps Associate.
    Obviously none of mine apply.. but I have the Network+, CCNA, and AWS CSA.

Network+ was by far the hardest for me. It was my first, yes... but still. N10-006 was way harder than N10-005.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA IT Fundamentals, CCENT, CCNA:R&S, JNCIA, BInfoTech
    The certification you have no interest or motivation in. Everything else just requires motivation/money & time.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    VMware VCP level certs

some of the questions are so off the wall.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Member

Certifications
    Security+, CISSP, CISM
    +1 on this one, except... I'm starting to think that it is the last one done which is the hardest. When I did my Security+, I was put through the wringer. It was nothing compared to How I felt when I did CISSP.

Actually, this made me think back - and I just found two of my old Microsoft MCP certifications!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CISM, GCIA, GCIH, C|EH, and more.
    Good point! I had a tougher time with the A+ than GCIH and the CCNP Security exams. I've been able to develop a system for exam preparation that can only come with experience.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." - Homer Simpson
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Woohoo! It's over 1000!

Certifications
    Linux+, ACSA, ACTC, ACSP, MCSA:7, MCTS, ITIL F, Prince2 Pract, AgilePM Practitioner, VCP-DCV 5/6, Storage+, CCNA R+S/Sec/CyberOps, Sec+, CEH, CASP
    Quote Originally Posted by jelevated View Post
    VMware VCP level certs

some of the questions are so off the wall.
    I sometimes wonder if the arcane questions included in these exams are actually designed to detect cheaters. Some questions it seems like you need to have either some extraordinarily deep knowledge and understanding of the product, way above the level of the exam, or access to Google and time to read several technical documents.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member Moldygr33nb3an's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, CSA+, CASP, CEHv9, CCNET, CCNA R&S
    My yearly DOD Information Assurance training certification.
    Working on: CCNA - Security, eJPT

Next: OSCP, CCNP

All your certifications are belong to us.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks