+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+, CySA+, & Cloud+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL F/CSI/OSA
    yoba222...I was going to post something similar and see that you beat me to it.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Delgado View Post
    Did you know that Texas A&M's Engineering school offers a free online cybersecurity basics course? If you have time, take a look:

https://teex.org/Pages/Program.aspx?catID=607
    Does anyone know how many CEUs two ACE credits will translate into? The first course appears to be five hours long and you need to complete all four courses to get the credits.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, Linux+, CySA+, & Cloud+; MCSA: Windows 7, ITIL F/CSI/OSA
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyMooseCCNA View Post
    Does anyone know how many CEUs two ACE credits will translate into? The first course appears to be five hours long and you need to complete all four courses to get the credits.
    I believe you get one credit for each hour of training for CEU purposes. ACE credits are based on the semester system, so their credits don't translate directly.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    $75 for the ACM membership now: https://campus2.acm.org/public/qj/ke...m?promo=DA4SCA

I also will buy some books from Amazon if I really want to use them alot. But most of time I will just read the books on Safari on my iPad Pro. Formatting seems decent on the their app they have.

I just used that link and signed up and can verify you get full access to SafariBooksOnline with it. I was able to get verified and signed in to everything within about 20 minutes of payment.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by stryder144 View Post
    I believe you get one credit for each hour of training for CEU purposes. ACE credits are based on the semester system, so their credits don't translate directly.
    Am I alone in finding the CompTIA CEU system confusing? I'm looking at a completion certificate for one of the cybersecurity courses at Texas A&M Engineering Extension Program. It says thirteen hours and underneath that it says 1.3 CEUs Earned. Which do I enter into CompTIA when I upload this certificate?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks