+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 First ... 34567 89 Last
Results 151 to 175 of 211
  1. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Galloway, NJ
    Posts
    1,386

    Certifications
    A+, Network +, GSEC, GCIH, Lunatic+
    #151
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane1091 View Post
    I caved and sold all my ARK (temporarily) and bought in on NEO, and it's been screaming this morning. Challenge now I guess is getting out before it goes back down. I had a good week day trading so far, hope it continues.
    If you going to be doing the day trader crap, I wouldn't bother. I'd toss $500 or a few thousand into the market and forget about it until it goes up a significant amount of $. If you can't afford to part with your money, you don't have the stomach for investing it cyptocurrency in my opinion.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS -->
  3. Cyber Donkey slinuxuzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    619

    Certifications
    VCDX:NV - A+ Net+ Sec+ MCSA08 CISSP CCNA B.S. IT/WGU
    #152
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
    If you going to be doing the day trader crap, I wouldn't bother. I'd toss $500 or a few thousand into the market and forget about it until it goes up a significant amount of $. If you can't afford to part with your money, you don't have the stomach for investing it cyptocurrency in my opinion.
    Couldn't agree more - Crypto is very volatile, the best strategy is to buy and hold for 5+ years. Also be very careful, the vast majority of coins and ICOs out there are pure scams.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    10,616
    Blog Entries
    50

    Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    #153
    An interesting blockchain security "who dun it?" detective story about discoverable private keys used in Bitcoin.

    https://pastebin.com/jCDFcESz

    Discussions on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/submit?url=ht...com%2FjCDFcESz
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Galloway, NJ
    Posts
    1,386

    Certifications
    A+, Network +, GSEC, GCIH, Lunatic+
    #154
    Quote Originally Posted by NotHackingYou View Post
    Litecoin is looking pretty good today!
    I picked up 15 Litecoin (LTC) for $1,150 a few months ago for around $75, I try not to look at the current price, since I'm holding on to it long term. I just ordered a Hardware USB wallet from Amazon, I’m going to transfer 10 into that and convert the other 5 into other currencies. If increases they significantly, I may just sell enough to recoup my original investment and let the rest ride for years. I’m tempted to invest more, but I think the more I have in the market, the less risk I’ll be willing to tolerate.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Senior Member Phalanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    257
    #155
    I just dipped my toe for the first time today, purchasing Ł25 of Bitcoin to see the process. Interesting, to say the least.
    Desktop: MCSE: Mobility | Server: MTA | Cloud: None | Networking: MTA
    Security: None | Linux: None | Service Management: ITIL 2011: Foundation
    Currently Studying: 70-740 - Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    2,663

    Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    #156
    Quote Originally Posted by slinuxuzer View Post
    Crypto is very volatile, the best strategy is to buy and hold for 5+ years.
    Listen to this! I purchased over 2400 IOTA coins back in June when the price was about 40 cents a coin and was planning on holding for long time and not watch it. Told myself to wait a few years... But it went up a little and sold right away only after a few weeks... This last week it spiked up and it hit over $5 a coin. Granted it is back down to about $4.20 a coin. But I still missed out on about $10,000 because I was impatient. Don't be me!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    874

    Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CCDA, CCNA: Security, CCNA: R&S, MTA: Networking Fundamentals, Security+, Network+, Linux+, A+, Project+
    #157
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
    If you going to be doing the day trader crap, I wouldn't bother. I'd toss $500 or a few thousand into the market and forget about it until it goes up a significant amount of $. If you can't afford to part with your money, you don't have the stomach for investing it cyptocurrency in my opinion.
    I'm mostly a long term holder - but sometimes opportunities present themselves like recently where it makes no sense to not day trade. Still extremely long term on ARK and still holding a boat load (har-har). This thread has been around for awhile. If someone didn't get it by now, they never will.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    874

    Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CCDA, CCNA: Security, CCNA: R&S, MTA: Networking Fundamentals, Security+, Network+, Linux+, A+, Project+
    #158
    Quote Originally Posted by NetworkNewb View Post
    Listen to this! I purchased over 2400 IOTA coins back in June when the price was about 40 cents a coin and was planning on holding for long time and not watch it. Told myself to wait a few years... But it went up a little and sold right away only after a few weeks... This last week it spiked up and it hit over $5 a coin. Granted it is back down to about $4.20 a coin. But I still missed out on about $10,000 because I was impatient. Don't be me!

    ARK is the only project I honestly believe in and it's the only long term hold I have. It's tough seeing IOTA 10x in price over a month but I never saw anything special in it. Honestly, I do not buy into most of the top 50 coins. I know I'm wrong about many but it's impossible to stay invested in something unless you really believe in it.

    NEO will go up to huge prices one day, it's not a guess either. I just hate the language barrier. Some others look good, like PIVX. I've held NAV for periods of time and there's money to be made there, but it's not much different than other privacy coins that are well established. Any BTC forks or "classic" coins I never invest in. Monaco ruined the incentive to actually hold Monaco, so I am not really sure why anyone really wants that.

    There's a lot of good coins in the top 50, but I mostly look for long shots to be honest. NEO, ETH, LiteCoin, etc will provide steady growth. Better than any 401k out there. It's a challenge to find something outside of the top 50 that is a winner. If you can do it though, the payoff is huge.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Junior Member pharius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    29

    Certifications
    Comptia A+, Security +
    #159
    Does anyone have any recommendations for a multicoin wallet? I have been running individual wallets for Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin but would like to consolidate. I am looking at Exodus but am open to suggestions.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member boxerboy1168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    283

    Certifications
    Network+, A+
    #160
    I first began reading about Bitcoin in 2011 on an internet forum and I almost invest $100 for fun that would be worth 100,000's of thousands or potentially millions of dollars now due to the fact that you could get hundreds of them back then for nothing.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Galloway, NJ
    Posts
    1,386

    Certifications
    A+, Network +, GSEC, GCIH, Lunatic+
    #161

    Default Anyone know anything about Ledger Nano S?

    So I picked up a Ledger Nano S from Amazon, it was advertised to allow me to transfer LiteCoins to it, but after setting it all up, it only had Bitcoins and Ethereum listed on it. The company website says there a way to add Litecoins app to it, but I haven't had any luck making it work. All I really want to do is transfer my Litecoins to my computer, move them offline and print the keys and toss them into a safe until some point in the future they are worth something (or nothing). Any suggestions? Any alternative apps / programs that will allow me to do what I want? I thought I read somewhere that Litecoins and Bitcoins are compatible because they share the same block code, but I want to be sure before I transfer them, don't want to lose $1,000 because some transfer does work right.
    Last edited by TechGromit; 12-06-2017 at 04:36 PM.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  13. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    874

    Certifications
    CCNP: R&S, CCDA, CCNA: Security, CCNA: R&S, MTA: Networking Fundamentals, Security+, Network+, Linux+, A+, Project+
    #162
    ARK partners with a PR firm, nice. https://blog.ark.io/ark-signs-partne...z-22366e7ffb7e

    So recently, ARK became an SCIC (French equivalent of an LLC or INC). They signed a deal with a PR firm. They are nearly done mobile wallets. They are close to re-doing some core code which will increase security and lower fees. They really listen to the community, it's nice.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  14. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Galloway, NJ
    Posts
    1,386

    Certifications
    A+, Network +, GSEC, GCIH, Lunatic+
    #163

    Default Investing your IRA in Cyptocurrency

    I was doing a search for something unrelated to this topic and came across this:

    http://wealthyconcepts.net/guide-to-...with-your-ira/

    While I certainly agree that investing in Cyptocurrency has potential for a good return on an investment, I believe it's highly speculative, and certainly not a vehicle for a long term investment such as for your retirement. If anyone is considering seriously investing in bitcoins using there IRA / 401k, I would use caution and remember that to diversify your portfolio. While it's tempting to invest all of you money in Bitcoins given the recent spike in prices, just look at other investments offered by Bernie Madoff. Investing in funds run by Bernie Madoff had consistent returns on money invested for years, it was a sure thing, and a safe investment... till it wasn't. Don't make the same mistake others made, remember that Cyptocurrency is a unregulated, highly speculative market that has the potential to end up being nothing more than a giant pyramid scheme that could ending up worthless. There will be no Irving Picard working to recover part of your investment like there is for victims of the Bernie Madoff disaster. Be forewarned.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  15. Guest
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    958

    Certifications
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    #164
    I've been thinking about getting GBTC Bitcoin Investment Trust in my roth IRA, it would only be a small part of my portfolio.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  16. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    10,616
    Blog Entries
    50

    Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    #165
    Does anyone actually sell crypto-currencies for US$? How much virtual currency can you sell at one time and how long does it take? What do you pay for the transaction? What brokerages have the cheapest transaction fees?
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  17. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Galloway, NJ
    Posts
    1,386

    Certifications
    A+, Network +, GSEC, GCIH, Lunatic+
    #166
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    Does anyone actually sell crypto-currencies for US$? How much virtual currency can you sell at one time and how long does it take? What do you pay for the transaction? What brokerages have the cheapest transaction fees?
    This is actually a good question, while lots of exchanges are more than happy to sell you bitcoins, I can't help wonder if you were to cash in 10k, 100k, or even millions of dollars worth of bitcoins, would they really be able to handle the transaction? Or stonewall you with delays or daily exchange limits.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  18. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    309

    Certifications
    CCNA R&S
    #167
    Any cryptokitty breeders here?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  19. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Off the grid
    Posts
    2,663

    Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    #168
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    Does anyone actually sell crypto-currencies for US$? How much virtual currency can you sell at one time and how long does it take? What do you pay for the transaction? What brokerages have the cheapest transaction fees?
    Coinbase and Gemini are the two top ones I know of. Gemini has the lower transaction fee but Coinbase seems simpler and has a nice app where you can track your money/coins in real time.


    I've used Coinbase to buy, the transaction is instantaneous if you purchase with a Credit Card. Otherwise you can purchase by directly linking your bank account but it has a processing time of like 5 days. The credit card purchasing also carries with it a higher transaction fee though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  20. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    10,616
    Blog Entries
    50

    Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    #169
    I've been listening to a lot of Bitcoin talk on financial programs and podcasts. I'm hearing reports of not being able to sell more than $2K-10K of Bitcoin per day, and the sell transactions taking a very long time to complete, and requiring multiple attempts to successfully place a sell order. The fees and commissions on Bitcoin transactions are rather high too--much higher than a bank or stock brokerage.

    I'm really interested to see what happens to people's interest in virtual currencies when a prolonged drop in the value causes holders to attempt a massive sell-off and they can't. Of course, there isn't enough real value in the system to match all the virtual value stored, so first-come-first-served and the rest loose their "investment." It sounds like a variation of a Pyramid scheme.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  21. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,018

    Certifications
    CISSP, CCSP, eJPT, ITIL,PA ACE,Qualys Certified Specialist, A+
    #170
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    I've been listening to a lot of Bitcoin talk on financial programs and podcasts. I'm hearing reports of not being able to sell more than $2K-10K of Bitcoin per day, and the sell transactions taking a very long time to complete, and requiring multiple attempts to successfully place a sell order. The fees and commissions on Bitcoin transactions are rather high too--much higher than a bank or stock brokerage.

    I'm really interested to see what happens to people's interest in virtual currencies when a prolonged drop in the value causes holders to attempt a massive sell-off and they can't. Of course, there isn't enough real value in the system to match all the virtual value stored, so first-come-first-served and the rest loose their "investment." It sounds like a variation of a Pyramid scheme.
    @jdmurray I did a test and opened an account with Coinbase. You need to go through an approval process where they ask you even for your employer information, not sure why that is necessary.
    Step 1, i tried to add my credit card to buy coins, contrary to everyone's beleive and success so far this is not an authorized method to buy coins. Coinbase and other exchanges might have that option but the credit card company will not allow you to do this. I verified this with Visa, the transaction where declined.

    Step 2, I added my bank account to transfer funds. This worked and it took more than 5 days, close to 6-7 days.

    Step 3. Deposited $200 and bought approximately 1.90 Litecoins. The transaction fee was $1, this is the only fee that i havr seen so far. However this transaction took place 5 days ago and I have yet to receive the Litecoins in my Coinbase wallet.

    Issues so far, 1. There is no limit price buy option, the transaction happens at market price, in my case i bought litecoin at 103.80 which means I'm already down $9 on my $200. I can see how this might be a reason why prices keep going up, people are only able to sell and buy at market price. Who are the Makret Makers though? How does the price drop when it does? Dont know yet.

    Issue 2. When completing the transaction even though I selected my USD Coinbase wallet as the method of payment Coinbase actually went into my bank account and did a withdrawal to process the transation. So now I'm $400 into this with $200 still in the USD Coinbase wallet.

    Personally i dont see why the crypto currencies even exist, they are not used to purchase anything yet. I see the benefit of blockchain but not crypto currency at this time.

    Issue 3. The transaction has yet to be completed even after 5 days but my funds were already withdrawn. I thought this was suppose to be fast?

    Bitcoin went up $3000 in 1 day, this is insane and as i read in an article they were describing it as a game of "who is the greater fool"

    The limit by the way is $5000 a day in Coinbase for coin purchases, not sure what it is for the reverse.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  22. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    10,616
    Blog Entries
    50

    Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    #171
    I have not heard of anyone mentioning waiting so long to see a coin purchase appear in your online wallet. I wonder what the actual buy price of your Litecoin purchase will end up being one the transaction completes.

    Great review and thanks for taking one for the team!

    UPDATE: Great article answering some of my questions: http://money.cnn.com/2017/12/07/tech...ner/index.html
    Last edited by JDMurray; 12-08-2017 at 12:56 AM.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  23. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    10,616
    Blog Entries
    50

    Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    #172
    This makes me think that it might not be so smart to transfer a local wallet file created by personal bitcoin mining activity to an online exchange, like Coinbase: Millions 'stolen' in NiceHash Bitcoin heist - BBC News

    On the other hand, how else can you find value in Bitcoin unless you transfer your local wallet(s) to an exchange?
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  24. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    98

    Certifications
    CCNA:R&S/Security, ITIL:F, MCSA: Windows Server 2016
    #173
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFORCE View Post
    @jdmurray I did a test and opened an account with Coinbase. You need to go through an approval process where they ask you even for your employer information, not sure why that is necessary.
    Step 1, i tried to add my credit card to buy coins, contrary to everyone's beleive and success so far this is not an authorized method to buy coins. Coinbase and other exchanges might have that option but the credit card company will not allow you to do this. I verified this with Visa, the transaction where declined.

    Step 2, I added my bank account to transfer funds. This worked and it took more than 5 days, close to 6-7 days.

    Step 3. Deposited $200 and bought approximately 1.90 Litecoins. The transaction fee was $1, this is the only fee that i havr seen so far. However this transaction took place 5 days ago and I have yet to receive the Litecoins in my Coinbase wallet.

    Issues so far, 1. There is no limit price buy option, the transaction happens at market price, in my case i bought litecoin at 103.80 which means I'm already down $9 on my $200. I can see how this might be a reason why prices keep going up, people are only able to sell and buy at market price. Who are the Makret Makers though? How does the price drop when it does? Dont know yet.

    Issue 2. When completing the transaction even though I selected my USD Coinbase wallet as the method of payment Coinbase actually went into my bank account and did a withdrawal to process the transation. So now I'm $400 into this with $200 still in the USD Coinbase wallet.

    Personally i dont see why the crypto currencies even exist, they are not used to purchase anything yet. I see the benefit of blockchain but not crypto currency at this time.

    Issue 3. The transaction has yet to be completed even after 5 days but my funds were already withdrawn. I thought this was suppose to be fast?

    Bitcoin went up $3000 in 1 day, this is insane and as i read in an article they were describing it as a game of "who is the greater fool"

    The limit by the way is $5000 a day in Coinbase for coin purchases, not sure what it is for the reverse.
    Coinbase KYP policies are required by law. Your bank probably blocked the transaction, not Visa.

    Coinbase runs on top of the GDAX exchange. It's meant for novices so there is no limit buy/sell options. You just automatically buy at market price. Get on Gemini or GDAX if you want to do limit orders. In conclusion, don't use Coinbase.

    The idea behind bitcoin is that it is a decentralized currency that can't be controlled by government. There is a fixed amount so there is no inflation. It's a cute idea but IMO government will never allow it to go mainstream. If anything they will create their own smart crypto that they can automatically track, tax, etc.

    Yes, crypto's are a bubble. Going to be very interesting to watch the selloff.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  25. Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,018

    Certifications
    CISSP, CCSP, eJPT, ITIL,PA ACE,Qualys Certified Specialist, A+
    #174
    Quote Originally Posted by bhcs2014 View Post
    Coinbase KYP policies are required by law. Your bank probably blocked the transaction, not Visa.

    Coinbase runs on top of the GDAX exchange. It's meant for novices so there is no limit buy/sell options. You just automatically buy at market price. Get on Gemini or GDAX if you want to do limit orders. In conclusion, don't use Coinbase.

    The idea behind bitcoin is that it is a decentralized currency that can't be controlled by government. There is a fixed amount so there is no inflation. It's a cute idea but IMO government will never allow it to go mainstream. If anything they will create their own smart crypto that they can automatically track, tax, etc.

    Yes, crypto's are a bubble. Going to be very interesting to watch the selloff.

    How did my banl block the transaction when I was trying to buy coins with a credit card?

    I personally called my credit card company 2 different times and spoke with 2 different people. They saw the attempt for authorization on my record and they told me this activity or transaction is not an approved transaction that you can complete with a Visa card.

    Other people might have been able to do that before but Visa is cracking down on this and not allowing people to do this going forward. Look it up online, plenty of reddit threads on the topic.

    Didnt know about GDAX i might try that.

    By the way, did another test and bought bitcoin with my $200 USD Coinbase wallet, this was instantaneous purchase and rhw coins where in my BTC wallet right away. Lets see what happens now.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  26. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    10,616
    Blog Entries
    50

    Certifications
    GSEC, EnCE, CISSP, SSCP, CEH (ANSI), CASP, CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, DHTI+, PDI+, MSIT InfoSec
    #175
    GDAX uses your Coinbase authentication credentials, so making a new GDAX account with 2FA is easy. However, GDAX wants a webcam picture of your legal ID. I have no idea how secure GDAX is, so I'm not going for that.

    And GDAX does have some ops problems: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitc...e-clips-19000/
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 First ... 34567 89 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks