+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Stayed at a Holiday Inn.. the_Grinch's Avatar

Certifications
    BS-CST CISSP GMON MPSC Security+ XRY 1+2+3 XAMN AAA AA CMFF CCO CCPA
    When I did it my day was as follows: walk in, check dashboards to ensure they are displaying, check nightly check alerts, grab coffee or energy as long as nothing blew up from the night before, meeting, dig into the logs on the hunt for issues, lunch, meeting, develop more stuff to alert on, meeting, home. On days I find things all hands on deck to figure out if it is a real issue, get explanations and determine if management needs to be informed. Overall fairly routine, but a good many days of fighting fires. Since we didn't control the systems there is always a lot of back and forth on why something is an issue though a provider swears it isn't. You better know your stuff because if you cry wolf or miss something no one will ever listen to you again.
    WIP:
    MS in Legal Studies - Drexel University
    Mobile Forensics
    Kotlin
    Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network +, GSEC, GCIH, Lunatic+
    Quote Originally Posted by Blucodex View Post
    I am interested in hearing your day to day and how you feel about the role and career path?
    Compliance Via paperwork
    Verifying I'm using the correct rev of the procedure and Reading
    Network management (configuring switches, troubleshooting, replacements, upgrades, etc)
    Update Anti-Virus definitions (for non-networked / isolated network computers)
    Incident Response-The network I'm responsible is isolated from the internet/business network so the volume is lower, but I support other sites too.
    Malware Analysis
    Meetings, lots of meetings
    Reports
    check logs and reports.

Career path, I would like to get into is more responsibility for the corporate network, vulnerably assessments, malware analysis.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. IOCs? What IOCs???!! jcundiff's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP, CRISC, ITILFv3, PCIP, RSA Archer, MSCE Win2000, A+, N+, Server+, Proj+, eBiz+,iNet+
    Quote Originally Posted by Span View Post
    Jcundiff - what open source news sites you would recommend you feel is worth while?
    Any other sites?
    sorry dont know how I missed this several months ago... cyberwire is an aggregator that you can sign up for their daiily email ( I actually do a more condensed version specific for our industry that I send out internally daily) Some others I use are

securityweek
    cso online
    reuters
    ars technica
    krebs on security
    bank infosecurity
    infosecurity
    bleeping computer
    and a host of others
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread