Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Junior Member
    What drones are you looking at??
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Stayed at a Holiday Inn.. the_Grinch's Avatar

Certifications
    BS-CST CISSP GMON MPSC Security+ XRY 1+2+3 XAMN AAA AA CMFF CCO CCPA
    Trained on a Mavic Pro and that's what I am going to buy.
    WIP:
    MS in Legal Studies - Drexel University
    Mobile Forensics
    Kotlin
    Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Stayed at a Holiday Inn.. the_Grinch's Avatar

Certifications
    Lots of great news today! First, I purchased my drone. I financed, though I am pretty sure I'll have about 90% of the cost already. All told: $1600 for the drone, insurance (just on the drone), two extra batteries, extra propellers, charger for all batteries, a car charger (which I found doesn't work) and a bag. Extra propellers are definitely a must as in training I turned on Speed Mode (which disables the safety features) and crashed. Overall the drone handled it well, I sort of glided into the ground, but two of the propellers chipped. It still flew, though it wobbled for a bit, but I changed them out anyway.

The other good news is a friend, who is a real estate agent, spoke to his team lead and she is interested in getting photos of their properties. They are a decent sized firm so I think I have a great shot at a steady stream of income. I'm also toying with the idea of discounting my rate as I suspect I'll be getting a fair amount of business from them. I did some test shots of my sister's house and felt like overall it went well. My phone typically crashes with video and that caused me to have about 45 seconds of the drone just hanging in the backyard. I did order a business phone though which should be much better with the DJI app.

So far so good! I still have to get two jobs done, but just waiting on my drone.
    WIP:
    Mobile Forensics
    Kotlin
    Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Stayed at a Holiday Inn.. the_Grinch's Avatar

Certifications
    Got my first paying gig! A friend is a photographer and the couple wants drone footage of their wedding. It just so happens that the venue is right by my house. The interesting thing is the venue was trying to argue that due to the near by airport that a drone couldn't fly there. My buddy explained that I was a licensed drone pilot and would know where I could or couldn't fly. Now, since the venue is in my town, I knew I could fly there (especially since I actually live closer to the airport than the venue is). I did go over and confirm on the maps that I was good to go just to ensure what I already knew.

Also, I just upgraded my propellers to the low noice one's DJI just released. Definitely reduces the noice, though if they weren't so cheap I probably would advise against them.
    WIP:
    Mobile Forensics
    Kotlin
    Python
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Now just don't screw up your first gig!! no pressure!!

(congrats too!)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks