+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Default Crypto Currencies - Bitcoin - Ethereum - Neo - LiteCoin !

Hello TechExam family,

I have been a long time user here at Techexam but I lost my credentials !

I worked in IT for 7 years – worked my way all the way up to a senior level systems engineer.

I left the field about a year ago, because I was really really bored and felt I was VERY satisfied with what I achieved.

Anyways I got into crypto currency trading with Bitcoin/Ethereum/NEO etc and I am doing really well.

Now I am a crypto trader / block chain enterpruner !

And I am in Love !

Does anyone here work in the crypto currency space? Or the block chain space? Or do crypto trading ? That
    has business / work suggestions or ideas ?

This is a new space that is consistently growing very rapidy !
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->

Certifications
    Network+, A+
    I have a few $1000 I been thinking about dumping into an exchange, have links to info that can help guide a newbie?
    Last edited by boxerboy1168; 10-20-2017 at 03:23 AM.
    Currently enrolling into WGU's IT - Security Program. Working on LPIC (1,2,3) and CCNA (and S) as long term goals and preparing for the Security+ and A+ as short term goals.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    Can this be moved to Off Topic?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network +, GSEC, GCIH, Lunatic+
    BAH! I dumped $1,000 into this when Litecoin hit $75, it's under $60 now. Not feeling the Cypto love yet. I was serious considering setting up a mining rig, but there was just no way I could see how to break even on the hardware investment, even if the electricity was free. If I would have started back in Jan 2017 I could have made a nice return, but I wasn't in the financial position to invest at the time.
    Last edited by TechGromit; 10-20-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. There is no spoon. p@r0tuXus's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCNA
    I'm eyeing OMG right now. Some speculators think it could go up enormously within the next couple years. My sources say only about 1% of people are even into cryptocurrency. There's talk of that bumping up to 3% by next year. That'd mean alot of rises in valuation.

Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

7. They are watching you NetworkNewb's Avatar

Certifications
    A+/Net+/Sec+, CCENT, CCNA:Sec, CCSK, GCIH
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielm7 View Post
    Can this be moved to Off Topic?
    The question he actually asked was definitely "job" related.

Will most likely be derailed though
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Cisco R00t Clan Member NOC-Ninja's Avatar

Certifications
    CCIE-Wireless, CCIE-RS (written), CCNP-Wireless, CCNP, CCNA-Wireless, CCNA-Security, CCNA, CEH, CHFI
    so which crypto coin is a good buy right now?
    how can i buy it?
    MSISA
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. There is no spoon. p@r0tuXus's Avatar

Certifications
    ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by NOC-Ninja View Post
    so which crypto coin is a good buy right now?
    how can i buy it?
    Not a professional at this by any means, but since I have nothing to lose I'll layout my current investments and what I'm eyeing now...

I think Ripple (XRP) and IOTA are both good investments. Both are technology based and IOTA doesn't even use a blockchain, it uses a forward moving tech called the Tangle. It's got a great community. XRP is primarily for use by financial institutions to transfer money and if it can go wide-enough it'd be a good investment before the end of next year and the year after. I was a fan of Bitstamp for XRP and BTC. Coinbase will get you 3 of the major coins, but their customer service sucks. Still, they're not going anywhere and they are one of the better ones if you live in the US.

I would probably have a look at Salt (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/salt/). I'm also interested in Omisego (OMG) and currently have my eye on Dogecoin, just because it's increadibly low right now. Outside of those, I've seen some podcasts and analysts speculate that EOS (https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/eos/) could definately have potential as well. You'll want to do your own research on all of this before investing anything (heh, disclaimer). But, I've made money this year (okay, not a ton), but I'm considering them to be long-term positions.

Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network +, Security +, Project +, Linux +, LPIC1, CCENT, CCNA
    A couple key things to consider. Always buy low and sell high. Don't buy into those mainstream coins on Coinbase that could potentially be hitting all time highs.

If your into high risk/high return why not look into penny stocks using Robinhood or another trade platform? I've made over 30% on a biotech this year and could possibly double that before the year is up.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    VCDX:NV - A+ Net+ Sec+ MCSA08 CISSP CCNA B.S. IT/WGU
    I recently bought into XRP, I had been ignoring Crypto for years, I did a ton of research and have come to the conclusion that, regulations in this space are coming, with these alleged "ICOs" sometimes raising 250m$ in a matter of days, retail investors are treating these like securities and they aren't, at best they are commodities.

After loads of research, I really only see one that is organized as an actual company, has good tech, actual customer base and actual use cases. Ripple's XRP token, any of this stuff is a long shot, but I am taking my long shot on this one, because I like the limited down side and infinite upside, just don't put in more than you can afford to lose on any of this stuff guys.

Also, make for sure you don't leave your coins on an exchange, or online in anyway, get a hardware wallet like Nano ledger S, hackers will target your coins.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks