+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Novell CNA 5.0, MCP 70-210, Server+, Security+, Cloud+

Default Spelling skills - do we need them anymore??

Is it just me OR am I seeing things on TE?? Well, being over 40 your eye sight will always start to fail you.

I see it "on the daily", mainly misspelled words. Try "RE-READING" your post before you post. Though, I have noticed you cannot edit the Title after posting on TE (what's up with that Moderators??)

Perhaps the urban dictionary is their go to dictionary or have they resorted to shorthand/sms skills.

Anyways, not impressed with it at ALL.

Thank you, please drive thru, Cheers & Hi5!
    2018 goals -> PenTest+ Beta (failed), Linux+ Beta (pending results), CEH (mid Dec)
    2019 goals -> Linux+ 103/104 (Jan/Mar/Depends on Beta results), KLCP (June), RHCSA (Dec)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    Bachelors of Science in IT, MTA, SEC+, CSA+, CPT+, CASP, CSAE, CNSP, CNVP, C|EH, OSCP, Splunk Certified Admin
    Ain't nobody got time for spelling when they are studying for certs
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Novell CNA 5.0, MCP 70-210, Server+, Security+, Cloud+
    2018 goals -> PenTest+ Beta (failed), Linux+ Beta (pending results), CEH (mid Dec)
    2019 goals -> Linux+ 103/104 (Jan/Mar/Depends on Beta results), KLCP (June), RHCSA (Dec)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, GSTRT, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned
    When we call people out on this they get all defensive. I just hope they don't write that way in their business environments.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

My God, I cringed all through that video. The urge to slap people who use the word "ain't" is just overwhelming.
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation
    Client & Security:
    MCSE: Mobility | MCSA: Windows 10 | MCITP: Windows 7
    Server & Networking:
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Currently Studying: Project+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Bachelors of Science in IT, MTA, SEC+, CSA+, CPT+, CASP, CSAE, CNSP, CNVP, C|EH, OSCP, Splunk Certified Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    My God, I cringed all through that video. The urge to slap people who use the word "ain't" is just overwhelming.
    LOL well I would STRONGLY advise you not to visit the US then. In all seriousness though, this forum is probably not the best place to be a grammar ****, especially around Christmas. C'mon man!

EDIT: apparently you can use the term that refers to a certain political party that used to be in power in Germany lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Hey, I didn't start the thread! Direct yourself to the others.
    Data Privacy & Project/Service Management: PECB GDPR DPO/Practitioner | ITIL 2011: Foundation
    Client & Security:
    MCSE: Mobility | MCSA: Windows 10 | MCITP: Windows 7
    Server & Networking:
    MCSA: Windows Server 2016 | MTA: Networking Fundamentals
    Currently Studying: Project+
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    That second half wasn't directed at you only the first half about not visiting the US lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network +, Sanity+ (Revoked), GSEC, GCIH, GREM
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberguypr View Post
    When we call people out on this they get all defensive. I just hope they don't write that way in their business environments.
    I try to proof read what I write, but I miss spelling and basic grammar all the time. Nothing irritates me more after I send a Skype message or an Email at work, notice errors after I send it. Everyone makes mistakes, I even see managers send out emails with errors, just try to keep them to a minimum.

If I make a spelling or grammar error here, please point it out to me. I'm not too proud to admit what a dumb ass I am.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Completely Clueless TechGromit's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network +, Sanity+ (Revoked), GSEC, GCIH, GREM
    Quote Originally Posted by shochan View Post
    He obmitted some basic facts. Usage of the "ain't" word has prerequisites before your legally allowed to use it. You must meet one of these conditions to use the word "Ain't"

1. Live in a mobile home.
    2. Dropped out of high school.
    3. Be the proud member of society that benefits from this America's welfare program.
    4. Have a child before graduating from high school.
    5. Be homeless.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

12. Senior Member scaredoftests's Avatar

Certifications
    ACAS,Comp TIA Security +, Novell CNE, HDI Customer Service, ITIL Foundation, MTA
    OF COURSE we do!! GRRR.
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
    He obmitted some basic facts. Usage of the "ain't" word has prerequisites before your legally allowed to use it. You must meet one of these conditions to use the word "Ain't"

1. Live in a mobile home.
    2. Dropped out of high school.
    3. Be the proud member of society that benefits from this America's welfare program.
    4. Have a child before graduating from high school.
    5. Be homeless.
    Well pretty much everyone I work with uses that word and the funny thing is, none of them meet those requirements lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNA R&S, Security+, Network+, Linux+, Linux Essentials
    I primarily post from my mobile phone on here. I’m more prone to have a mistype on my phone because I’m looking at the onscreen keyboard instead of the text box where I’m typing. I tend to not proofread on here because I just don’t care bout a typo on here. At work I tend to read my emails 2 - 3 times before I send them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+,Net+,Sec+,EMCISA,MCP,CCENT,CCNA R&S,CEH,CHFI,Linux+,LPIC1,ECSS,ECES,GPEN,OSWP,Server+,LPT,GCIH,ECIH,ECSA,JNCIA,CPTE,CPTC,eJPT,GNFA,CySA+,GWAPT,ECSP
    Of course you have to remember irreguardless and whatnot!
    2018: CCNA Cyber Ops,CWNA
    2019: CCSK,CWSP,Cloud+,Project+,CASP,GXPN,PenTest+,GREM
    2020: JNCIS-ENT,CISSP,eLearnSecurity Courses,GAWN
    2021: LPIC-2
    Reply With Quote Quote  

16. Senior Member joshuamurphy75's Avatar

Certifications
    Adtran: ATSA x5, Cambium: ePMP, Cisco: CCENT CCNA x2, CWNP: CWNA, CompTIA: A+ Sec+ Linux+ Project+, LPI LPIC-1
    i Ain't n3ver leanred no pslelling. How R we suppsed 2 cume op with dcent p4ssw0rds if we spell ->?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNET, CCNA R&S, ITIL, MCP, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by McxRisley View Post
    LOL well I would STRONGLY advise you not to visit the US then. In all seriousness though, this forum is probably not the best place to be a grammar ****, especially around Christmas. C'mon man!

EDIT: apparently you can use the term that refers to a certain political party that used to be in power in Germany lol
    I have been known to be a Grammar ****....it comes from being an editor of a newspaper when I was in college...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Scruffy-looking nerfherdr tedjames's Avatar

Certifications
    SSCP, Security+, eJPT +4
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyMooseCCNA View Post
    I have been known to be a Grammar ****....it comes from being an editor of a newspaper when I was in college...
    I worked as a technical writer and editor for many years. It still bugs me when I see misspelled words or bad grammar, but I'm not going to edit you unless you pay me.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by tedjames View Post
    I worked as a technical writer and editor for many years. It still bugs me when I see misspelled words or bad grammar, but I'm not going to edit you unless you pay me.
    I like this guy lol
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks