+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Coffee Addict coffeeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    WORLD
    Posts
    304

    Certifications
    BSIT from OIT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, SECURITY+, MCITP: SQL SRVR 2008, CISA
    #1

    Default LinkedIn profile link in Resume

    Would you do that, good idea? bad idea?

    I haven't done it but thought it would be good, the employer can contact your connected people for reference; could be a positive thing.

    Any suggestions?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  2. SS
  3. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    492
    #2
    a very good question, i was googling around trying to find info on this as well.
    Anyone any thoughts or has anyone done this before and had it mentioned at any point?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  4. Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    901

    Certifications
    CCDE #20170037, CCNP/DP and quite a few more from various vendors.....
    #3
    I've got it in mine as it's regarded as legitimate contact information these days, be prepared to get alot of requests from randoms i.e. recruitment agencies.

    I usually reject them! No point in having a load of recruitment agents who contact you once in your connection list (unless you actually know them or if you're a contractor), especially if your connections are open to browse to your contacts.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  5. Coffee Addict coffeeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    WORLD
    Posts
    304

    Certifications
    BSIT from OIT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, SECURITY+, MCITP: SQL SRVR 2008, CISA
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by malcybood View Post
    I've got it in mine as it's regarded as legitimate contact information these days, be prepared to get alot of requests from randoms i.e. recruitment agencies.

    I usually reject them! No point in having a load of recruitment agents who contact you once in your connection list (unless you actually know them or if you're a contractor), especially if your connections are open to browse to your contacts.
    I recently had such an incident. I was contacted by recruiter (through LinkedIn) for a CISO position, even though my professional experience only about 1.5 years, so I told her that it is nice that you contacted me regarding this but I don't think the company would want to hire a CISO with 1.5 years of experience.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  6. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    3,141

    Certifications
    I have numerous certs from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, EMC, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks and more...
    #5
    Yes I list it in mine. I include a couple of quotes from some recommendations and encourage the reader to look at my LinkedIn profile to see more of them.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  7. Coffee Addict coffeeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    WORLD
    Posts
    304

    Certifications
    BSIT from OIT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, SECURITY+, MCITP: SQL SRVR 2008, CISA
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by astorrs View Post
    Yes I list it in mine. I include a couple of quotes from some recommendations and encourage the reader to look at my LinkedIn profile to see more of them.
    That sounds like it could have positive impact; I am putting it in mine from now on.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  8. Drops by now and again astorrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    3,141

    Certifications
    I have numerous certs from VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, EMC, Nimble Storage, Palo Alto Networks and more...
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by coffeeking View Post
    That sounds like it could have positive impact; I am putting it in mine from now on.
    Just make sure you have a complete profile filled out on LinkedIn, I've seen people link to nearly empty profiles and that's just silly. Have a look at mine if you want - Andrew Storrs - LinkedIn - it's also important that if you're going to post a link to it, make sure you make everything public!


    Reply With Quote Quote  

  9. Coffee Addict coffeeking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    WORLD
    Posts
    304

    Certifications
    BSIT from OIT, CCNA, CCNA:Sec, SECURITY+, MCITP: SQL SRVR 2008, CISA
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by astorrs View Post
    Just make sure you have a complete profile filled out on LinkedIn, I've seen people link to nearly empty profiles and that's just silly. Have a look at mine if you want - Andrew Storrs - LinkedIn - it's also important that if you're going to post a link to it, make sure you make everything public!


    Andrew, I have looked at yours, since we are LinkedIn, and have to say that it is quite detailed and impressive. I know what you mean though; no point putting it on your resume if you it hidden or has minimum information. I plan to update mine and then use it, as of right no mine has very minimum information.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  10. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    10,737
    Blog Entries
    50

    Certifications
    PenTest+, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, CASP, CEH (revoked), CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, MSIT InfoSec
    #9
    Not only is my LinkedIn URL on my resume, but I also have it in my TechExams post signature.

    TechExams has a LinkedIn group that all TE members are invited to join. Just search for it in the Groups section at LinkedIn and join. Then post your TE handle in the TE group discussion section to let everyone else know that you are on.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  11. Senior Member Lizano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    221

    Certifications
    CCNP Security
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post

    TechExams has a LinkedIn group that all TE members are invited to join. Just search for it in the Groups section at LinkedIn and join. Then post your TE handle in the TE group discussion section to let everyone else know that you are on.
    Cool didn´t know TE had a group, just joined it.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

  12. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Posts
    10,737
    Blog Entries
    50

    Certifications
    PenTest+, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, CASP, CEH (revoked), CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, MSIT InfoSec
    #11
    There's a TechExams group on Steam too, but there's not many TE people in it right now.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks