1. Senior Member

Default Yes!

(via Digg)
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    PenTest+, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, CASP, CEH (revoked), CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, MSIT InfoSec
    "What part of GO DIE IN A FIRE don't you understand?"

You can't beat fire and sarcasm together.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member
    I've actually had this (in red though) posted in my office for a couple months now, except on one of the push pins holding it in I have one of those long candle lighters hanging there as well.

Our VP of Operations came by and read it once, and kind of made one of those forced chuckles but he didn't mention anything more about it.

I've had users read it too and pause, good times.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    Gotta keep them on their toes! This will be pinned up in our Lab area
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Artist's impression mikedisd2's Avatar

Certifications
    MCSE, CCNA, ITIL, Dipl.IT, 70-620, 70-647
    If you touch my square pants your crotch will spontaneously combust?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCTS: Vista Configuration, MCTS: Windows 7 Configuring, MCP (290), A+, Network+, Server+
    that's just beautiful...bravo
    Reply With Quote Quote  

8. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP: EA, EMA; MCSE 2000/2003: M; MCSE 2000: S; MCSA 2000/2003: S; MCTS: ISA 2006; VCP3/4
    YouTube - Crotch Stomp

If that's how the Help Desk puts the fire out, I think that would be a cost effective way to keep support calls down to a bare minimum...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

9. Senior Member
    While yours is more applicable to this thread, this one is way more elaborate and entertaining: YouTube - Blindfolded Man Tricked into Hitting Himself in the Nuts
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Senior Member
    I have this in my cube at work!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Senior Member
    Someone please point me to a hi-fidelity copy of that image so that it can get posted in our NOC
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    JNCIP-SEC, JNCIS-SEC, JNCIA-JunOS, CCNA, CCENT, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, MCP, Network+, Security+
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken_GA View Post
    Someone please point me to a hi-fidelity copy of that image so that it can get posted in our NOC

http://virtualwolf.org/images/ars/helpdeskwarning.png

its in red and white
    Reply With Quote Quote  

13. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCSE: Security, MCTS x 5, P+, S+, N+, A+, HIT
    ...That is awesome...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

14. Psychotron Member Megadeth4168's Avatar

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, Server+,Project+,MCSE, CCNA:S, CISSP, CCNP, CEH, GCED
    Sweet! I wonder if I can get away with posting this at my desk.... I'll try it and find out.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Senior Member
    Here is what visitors to our IT department are greeted by upon entering the lair of the untanned beasts.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    Here is what visitors to our IT department are greeted by upon entering the lair of the untanned beasts.

I like the lighter; it complements the lolcat very well. Nice touch
    Reply With Quote Quote  

17. Senior Member
    yeah, so I posted it on the backdoor of the NOC. Apparently while I was off, the president of the company noticed it and said 4 Words I Cannot Repeat Here and took it down.

Executives. No sense of humor!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCNP (R&S/Voice), CCDP, CCIP, VCP, NCDA, MCSE, CCNA Security
    I get it's funny, but why would you want to post that at your helpdesk? I would much rather my users come to me with issues than make them feel like their questions are stupid and have them try to fix things on their own. I've never been one to post jokes and images on my walls though.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, Network+, i-Net+, Security+, Linux+, Server+, CST, CNST, CWS, MCP (70-270), ITILv3
    I posted the same sign in our section. We have a Service Desk and then our section for IS Maintenance. One of my co-workers said, "of course, the service desk receives the call and we have to set the client on fire!"
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalebksp View Post
    I get it's funny, but why would you want to post that at your helpdesk? I would much rather my users come to me with issues than make them feel like their questions are stupid and have them try to fix things on their own. I've never been one to post jokes and images on my walls though.
    We're not at all concerned about that. Our IT staff gets along great with our users and we all share humor with each other for the most part. It's also incredibly rare that somebody ever comes back to see us, the only time we get visitors is from a handful of corporate staff or perhaps a user from another office that is dropping off a machine to be looked at. If a simple picture like that really made my user's think that our IT department thought they were stupid then that would mean we were doing something terribly wrong (and not just the picture).
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by msteinhilber View Post
    We're not at all concerned about that. Our IT staff gets along great with our users and we all share humor with each other for the most part. It's also incredibly rare that somebody ever comes back to see us, the only time we get visitors is from a handful of corporate staff or perhaps a user from another office that is dropping off a machine to be looked at. If a simple picture like that really made my user's think that our IT department thought they were stupid then that would mean we were doing something terribly wrong (and not just the picture).
    Fair enough, our IT department and users are similar in that we get along and can joke with one another, but there are always those few that take things too personally.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kalebksp View Post
    Most of our customers don't know how to fix their own stuff, which is why they talk to us in the first place.

I work in a NOC though, not on a helpdesk, though the humor translates. We *rarely* have customers in the NOC, tours can see us through the window.

The bottom line is that every support job has it's fair share of people that are simply being stupid, and you need to blow off some steam. I think it's far better to do it through humor than through snapping and going off on a customer directly.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Senior Member

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken_GA View Post
    Most of our customers don't know how to fix their own stuff, which is why they talk to us in the first place.

I work in a NOC though, not on a helpdesk, though the humor translates. We *rarely* have customers in the NOC, tours can see us through the window.

The bottom line is that every support job has it's fair share of people that are simply being stupid, and you need to blow off some steam. I think it's far better to do it through humor than through snapping and going off on a customer directly.
    I want to be clear that my comment wasn't aimed at anybody or meant to be disparaging, simply a general observation.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

24. MCMLXXXVI :: L.O.A.D.B Xcluziv's Avatar

Certifications
    CIW Site Development
    Quote Originally Posted by snadam View Post
    I need to put this one if my cubicle...Good one though!!!!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks