+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS

Default Tech Net Sub or Kindle?

Which should I choose?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member
    I am happy with my Kindle DX and I think I benefit more from being able to access dozens of books wherever I go. It's nice to be able to carry it along with me for some study time at work or out at a coffee shop.

I don't get much out of my TechNet Subscription, I could just as well do most of what I use the TechNet Subscription for with trial copies of various MS products.

I would go with the Kindle, however the only one that's really worthwhile IMO for reading technical PDF books is the Kindle DX which is a good chunk more than a TechNet subscription. However with the Kindle, you don't have to renew it every year. I'm sure there will be other e-book readers coming out that will beat the DX for those of us using it for reading technical books but I accepted that fact when I got the DX - it's just the nature of technology.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    MCSD Web Apps/SharePoint Applications, MCITP: DBA 2005/2008, EA, EDA7, Linux+, Sec+, MCSE, MCDST, MCTS
    No, that makes perfect sense. I was thinking the same thing about trial software. You've just confirmed my own thoughts on it...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks