+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    CCIE DC, VCP
    Network diagrams are crucial when your working for/with ISPS and dealing with hundred thousands of customers. I pull up dozens of diagrams each day for each customer site, also device configs/CDP helps a lot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. The Bringer of Light DevilWAH's Avatar

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Security, ITIL Foundation, CCNP SWITCH,ROUTE, Zoology BSc,
    My way of documenting has always been. If I came in fresh and sat down at the computer, how long would it take me to understand what was going on?

No bit of information should be more than 3 or 4 clicks away, and every thing should come back to a single portal/document from which you can drill down in to. The last thing some one who does not know the systems wants is to be looking through 2 share point sites and 5 network drives!

Starting every thing from a single documents makes tracking your documentation much easier to, as you find the top document has the generic over views and you drill down in to the detail as you need it.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CCENT, CCNA:R&S, BIT
    I've always found it difficult to comprehend a network once it came to physically cabling it up when labbing. I think because I lacked diagrams I found it hard to visualise the connections. So I really struggled when all the equipment was stacked up and didn't represent a logical layout. After reading this thread I think I'll be making sure to put a little more effort into logical diagrams before labbing and then using that as a guide for my physical equipment.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Social Networking & Bookmarks