+ Reply to Thread
  1. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, HDA, CNA, MCP (70-270, 290), CCNA

Default How do i add print drivers to server 2008 R2 for remote desktop?

Hi All,

I am currently testing a new 2008 R2 remote desktop environment for our company but i am having trouble working out how to add print drivers?
    Please note our print server is a 32-bit Server 2003.
    In the past If i was adding a new printer to the network i would add it to the print server and then i would also add that driver to the print server of the terminal server. I simply done this through opening printers and faxes > File > Server Properties > Drivers and then add the driver. This would then ensure the printers would correctly map across.

I have just downloaded all 64-bit drivers and will load them onto the print server but how do i load them onto the terminal server?? When i open printer and faxes there is no "File" menu?

I know i am probably missing something really basic here but google searches are throwing up nothing? any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS

Certifications
    BSIT, Proj+, A+, Net+, Sec+: MCTS: X5; MCITP:EA
    Here's a technet article on adding client print drivers to a print server (you may have to scroll down a little) HERE . Not sure if that's what you need or not.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Senior Member

Certifications
    A+, HDA, CNA, MCP (70-270, 290), CCNA
    Thanks earweed.
    I didnt realsie it requires you to add the print role. Seems silly but oh well, all working now

Cheers
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks