+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 23 Last

Thread: InfraGard

Certifications
    GCFE, GCED, GCIH, GSTRT, CISSP, CCSP, and others that should never be mentioned

Default InfraGard

For those who got approved for InfraGard, how long did it take before you heard from them? I submitted my application a while back but haven't heard back. I didn't even get an auto-reply acknowledging the application. I am starting to wonder if it really went through.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    CISSP-ISSMP, CRISC, PMP, GCIH, GCFE, GLEG, CIPM, MCSE, CCNA, C|EH, CNA 5.1, ITIL-F, N+, A+
    For me it was a tale of two cities. I submitted to the Des Moines Chapter and after a few months I called and talked to the Chapter President. It did not make a difference. I never heard back from them.

When I applied to Chicago (which was closer anyway) I recieved my response and card in a couple of weeks. But this was the old system. I figure the new one should be a bit more efficient.

Do you know Paul Sand and those guys? They are cool just email them and they will resolve it quickly or contact the FBI POC. The Chapter is well organized.

At the last meeting (I went to) they were handing out cards because they stopped mailing them. The FBI guy had a stack of about 100 cards.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    eCPPT, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CISSP, CCNA (expired), MCTS
    A couple weeks? I cannot remember for sure.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A few
    Thank you for your interest in the InfraGard Program. We have received your application and it is currently being processed. It can take up to three months for a decision to be made on your application. Contact membership@infragard.org with any questions.

Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Sec+, MCITP:EA, CCNA, VCP4, CCSA, ITILv3, CEH v7, CHFIv8, CISSP, G2700, ACE, GCIH, GCFE, GCFA
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberguypr View Post
    For those who got approved for InfraGard, how long did it take before you heard from them? I submitted my application a while back but haven't heard back. I didn't even get an auto-reply acknowledging the application. I am starting to wonder if it really went through.
    When did you submit your application? I'm still waiting as well and its been 3 months
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Cool. It's been almost 2 months. I'll hit the Chicago chapter anyway and see if they can help.

Thanks a lot.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, OSCP, GPEN, GCIA, GCCC, GSEC
    Cyberguypr,

It took me at least 3 months to get in. Finally out of the blue I got an email from InfraGard, with an attached pdf of some advisory. I was hesitent to open it sicne I didn't get an email saying I was officially in. A day or two later the welcome email came in. I'm guessing in the major cities it takes longer.

I'm sure you will get something in the next month or so.
    Last edited by j.petrov; 11-18-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Quick update, sent an email to infragardmembership@leo.gov and within less than 2 minutes got a reply from the membership manager confirming that they in fact received my application and that it is under review. He confirmed the process should take approx. 3 months.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

10. Stayed at a Holiday Inn.. the_Grinch's Avatar

Certifications
    BS-CST MLS CISSP GMON MPSC Security+ XRY 1+2+3 XAMN AAA AA CMFF CCO CCPA
    Not a member, but know a lot of people who are. They run a pretty good background check on you and that takes some time. Great way to make some connections that's for sure.
    WIP:
    Python
    Java
    Reply With Quote Quote  

11. Junior Member theroamingjoe's Avatar

Certifications
    CISSP GSEC MCSE:NT4.0
    Heck I applied to the Central Ohio chapter back in late June! I still haven't gotten an answer. I've tried contacting both the chapter and Infragard and all I get is that it's in process or under review or something. A guy could get a complex waiting.

Maybe it's just low priority for the FBI. Who knows.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    B.Sc. Information System Security, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CCNP:Security, GISP, GCIA, VCP v4, CCNA R/S, MCITP:EA, MCSE NT,2K,2k3
    I actually applied TWICE. First time, nothing. Second time it was a matter of weeks.

But now that I hear the process typically takes so long...I think from first application to acceptance was 4 months.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Another update: coming up on the 8 month mark and NOTHING. This is competing with my ATF SBR stamp to see which one takes the longest. Gotta love the feds.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    list index out of range
    I applied for them last week. I'll hope to hear back on the application by this time next year.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

15. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberguypr View Post
    Another update: coming up on the 8 month mark and NOTHING. This is competing with my ATF SBR stamp to see which one takes the longest. Gotta love the feds.
    That should be an interesting test. I only learned recently about SBR and Silencer stamps.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GPEN, GCIH, SFCP, CPT, CEH, QND
    I think chapters vary on a lot of things. i've seen traffic indicating one chapter is very active, my chapter I found out that we had just had a meetup that I had no idea about. SA claimed that it was sent out, I sent them back a picture of all of my communications from them. didn't hear back... So I hope I can get to a meeting at some point...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, GCIA, GSEC, SSCP, C|EH, SEC+
    I applied and was accepted about 2 (maybe even 3) months later. I never received an email stating my app was being processed or anything. After being accepted is when you start getting really informative emails. I attended my first meeting about a month ago, great networking and info!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

18. this is my clone

Certifications
    CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, MCSE, MCTS, ITIL-F, A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, Project+, ACE, CCNA R&S
    If I remember correctly, my application took about 1-2 months to process. I was a little surprised that I didn't get more emails from them, but the info and networking opportunities with the FBI are nice. Had a big meeting back in September at the local HQ, really cool place (even stopped at the little FBI swag store inside and got a FBI polo). The SA's were nice and had some great speakers.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

19. Junior Member Registered Member
    @cyberguypr I believe my application was approved within a few months. Contact your InfraGard Coordinator in your region for an application update.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

20. Certification Invigilator Forum Admin JDMurray's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Certifications
    PenTest+, CISSP, SSCP, GSEC, CASP, CEH (revoked), CCNA, CCENT, CWSP, CWNA, CWTS, Security+, Server+, Network+, A+, MSIT InfoSec
    I've applied twice over the past several years and never heard anything from InfraGard. I lost interest and never gave it another go. Maybe they looked at my picture and only take clean shaven people as members.
    Moderator of the InfoSec, CWNP, IT Jobs, Virtualization, Java, and Microsoft Developers forums at www.techexams.net
    --
    Blog: www.techexams.net/blogs/jdmurray
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/jamesdmurray
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/jdmurray
    Reply With Quote Quote  

21. Audentis Fortuna Iuvat veritas_libertas's Avatar

Certifications
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMurray View Post
    I've applied twice over the past several years and never heard anything from InfraGard. I lost interest and never gave it another go. Maybe they looked at my picture and only take clean shaven people as members.
    Well, I can tell you that's not true....
    Reply With Quote Quote  

22. this is my clone

Certifications
    CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, MCSE, MCTS, ITIL-F, A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, Project+, ACE, CCNA R&S
    You can email them at infragardteam@leo.gov
    Reply With Quote Quote  

23. Censorship is Un-American JockVSJock's Avatar

Certifications
    M.S. in MIS/MBA, Network+, A+, Linux+, Security+, C|EH, RHCSA
    Believe it or not, when I applied it only took about 30 days for the background check to be completed and I think there was a processing fee.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    GPEN, GCIH, SFCP, CPT, CEH, QND
    I think you gave money to FBI MoneyPak...
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    ITIL F, C|EH
    Quote Originally Posted by SephStorm View Post
    lol

This is all new to me. I signed up, we will see how long this takes. I am all for networking with locals.

Reply With Quote Quote  

26. Censorship is Un-American JockVSJock's Avatar

Certifications
    M.S. in MIS/MBA, Network+, A+, Linux+, Security+, C|EH, RHCSA
    Quote Originally Posted by SephStorm View Post
    That was in 2008, alot has happened between that time and now, so my memory is a bit rusty.

Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 23 Last

Social Networking & Bookmarks