+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Java Certification -- Java SE 7 or Java SE 8

My first time here; the community looks great and knowledgeable.

I don’t know whether this is the right place for asking this question, but I am going for it anyway.

I am planning to do my OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) on coming April 2016. I know that Java SE 8 has already been there. I personally prefer Java SE 7 as I already have my books and other study materials for it.

My question is which one I should take -- Java SE 7 or Java SE 8? Does it have any impact on job finding? I mean which one is more preferable to the recruiters?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to help me.

Kind regards,
    Valentina
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    Quote Originally Posted by valentina90 View Post
    My first time here; the community looks great and knowledgeable.

I don’t know whether this is the right place for asking this question, but I am going for it anyway.

I am planning to do my OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) on coming April 2016. I know that Java SE 8 has already been there. I personally prefer Java SE 7 as I already have my books and other study materials for it.

My question is which one I should take -- Java SE 7 or Java SE 8? Does it have any impact on job finding? I mean which one is more preferable to the recruiters?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to help me.

Kind regards,
    Valentina
    If you're going for a programming jobs the certifications don't have a lot of ROI. They will probably ask you for code snippets than this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Thanks for your reply. But I am still wondering whether I should go for OCA/OCP Java SE 7 or OCA/OCP Java SE 8.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    Java 7 has EOL (end of life), and I assume most companies would have migrated to Java 8. That should help.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    Thank a lot Mr. Mike
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks