+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member

Default Java Certification -- Java SE 7 or Java SE 8

My first time here; the community looks great and knowledgeable.

I don’t know whether this is the right place for asking this question, but I am going for it anyway.

I am planning to do my OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) on coming April 2016. I know that Java SE 8 has already been there. I personally prefer Java SE 7 as I already have my books and other study materials for it.

My question is which one I should take -- Java SE 7 or Java SE 8? Does it have any impact on job finding? I mean which one is more preferable to the recruiters?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to help me.

Kind regards,
    Valentina
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    MCITP, MCSA, CCNA, VCA, ACA
    Quote Originally Posted by valentina90 View Post
    My first time here; the community looks great and knowledgeable.

I don’t know whether this is the right place for asking this question, but I am going for it anyway.

I am planning to do my OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) on coming April 2016. I know that Java SE 8 has already been there. I personally prefer Java SE 7 as I already have my books and other study materials for it.

My question is which one I should take -- Java SE 7 or Java SE 8? Does it have any impact on job finding? I mean which one is more preferable to the recruiters?

Thank you in advance for taking your time to help me.

Kind regards,
    Valentina
    If you're going for a programming jobs the certifications don't have a lot of ROI. They will probably ask you for code snippets than this.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member
    Thanks for your reply. But I am still wondering whether I should go for OCA/OCP Java SE 7 or OCA/OCP Java SE 8.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

5. Senior Member

Certifications
    C****, C***, C**
    Java 7 has EOL (end of life), and I assume most companies would have migrated to Java 8. That should help.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member
    Thank a lot Mr. Mike
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks