+ Reply to Thread
  1. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCNA

Question Pursuing OCE without OCA OCP ?

Hello all forum members. I am new to the website here and hope to get informed from the expertise of seniors here .
    I am interested in Oracle certifications. I was thinking if I can pursue Oracle Certified Expert OCE exam without having OCA and OCP certifications . Can I pursue them just like in Cisco you can pursue CCIE directly without owning CCNA CCNP certifications. For the time being I am interested in Database Certifications of Oracle. So I mean OCE in SQL administration or whatsoever its called.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS
  3. Senior Member

Certifications
    LPIC-1, Linux+, SUSE CLA, MCP, VCA6-DCV
    Yes, you can.
    Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database 12c: RAC and Grid Infrastructure Administrator
    https://education.oracle.com/pls/web...arams=p_id:374
    Option 2

Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database 12c: Data Guard Administrator
    https://education.oracle.com/pls/web...arams=p_id:384
    Option 2

Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database 12c: Performance Management and Tuning
    https://education.oracle.com/pls/web...arams=p_id:350
    Option 3
    Oracle Certified Expert, Oracle Database 12c: Data Guard Administrator
    Reply With Quote Quote  

4. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCNA
    Thanks man. But I doubt what you said is true. Because I looked it up myself and the OCE or OCM certifications need preceding certifications like OCA, OCP and then comes OCM.
    But still I look up your suggested links and let you know.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    CISSP, CCNA Security, CHFIv8, CEHv8, CCNA R&S, CCENT, MCSA Server 2008, Project+, Server+, Security+ce, Network+, A+
    From what I see, it does appear that you have to go through the OCA --> OCP --> OCE path. When you click on the prerequisite certs, they take you to the lower level. Oracle isn't doing a very good job outlining the requirements.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University (Started 10/1/16)
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
    Reply With Quote Quote  

6. Junior Member Registered Member

Certifications
    CCNA
    Quote Originally Posted by PCTechLinc View Post
    From what I see, it does appear that you have to go through the OCA --> OCP --> OCE path. When you click on the prerequisite certs, they take you to the lower level. Oracle isn't doing a very good job outlining the requirements.

Yes. You are spot on. There is no direct attempt path to OCE/OCM certifications without first completing OCA and OCP certifications. I had a very detailed analysis back a month ago and found out that these OCA is prerequisite for OCP and OCP is prerequisite for OCM/OCE. Thanks for sharing your view about it, sir. Appreciated it a lot
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks