+ Reply to Thread

Certifications
    A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals

Default Is Storage+ worth getting?

Is Storage+ worth getting?

I have the A+, Network+ and Security+ certifications and they all will expire sometime in September 2015. I can renew all of these by retaking Security+ (since its newer version than mine) or taking Storage+. My personal thoughts was to take Storage+ since that will get me another certification and give me a little new knowledge.

However I am curious as to what my fellow techexam member would suggest. Obviously the ultimate decision is mine, I just would like to get other points of view before buying a voucher.

Merry Christmas!
    2017 Goals: CCNA R&S
    Certifications:
    Lab: 3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620Router with NM-32A module
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

2. SS -->
  3. The ceiling is glass. PJ_Sneakers's Avatar

Certifications
    AccessData, Cellebrite, CompTIA, EC-Council, IACRB, (ISC)˛, Microsoft, MSAB
    I'd do the Storage+ personally. If you're going to spend that much money, you might as well get another credential to add to your list.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, Server+, CCENT, CSA+, Google Educator, SolarWinds Certified Professional
    The only benefit of taking the new Sec+ is renewal. If you get Sec+ you renew the three certs. If you add Stor+ you save $32, renew your certs, and add a fourth. If you are remotely close to being ready for Stor+ or you want to do it, then I say Stor+.

If you're not interested (why did you post here then?) just go with the Sec+ or, even better, diversify yourself! go get something else like a CWNE, SSCP, MCSA: Server 2012, any number of certifications listed here. Most, but not all, of the certs that will renew a Sec+ will also renew a Net+ and A+. I say diversify your vendors so you aren't just doing CompTIA (which is often thought of as introductory/lower level) and go ahead and either specialize in one area you're interested in OR continue building out various areas of your experience on paper

Norm Cost
    Security+ $293
    Storage+ $261
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    Thanks for the input. Both comments reflected what i was thinking. I actually find learning more about storage to be interesting, plus finding out that it is cheaper is even better. I have to knock out my Project+, its already paid for, then on to Storage+. After that i am done with the vendor neutral stuff and moving on to MCSA 8.1 and 2012.
    2017 Goals: CCNA R&S
    Certifications:
    Lab: 3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620Router with NM-32A module
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    NETWORK+ , SECURITY+ , STORAGE+ , CCENT , CCNA(R&S), CCDA, CCNP(R&S), VCP6-DCV
    Learning & actually having hands on experience on Storage is 2 different thing. You will learn a few stuffs from storage+ but not enough to apply them into storage world. It's a real boring cert to study for. you get 100 questions & 90 mins to answer them. Unless you want to go for storage engineering, don't even bother.
    Reply With Quote Quote  

Certifications
    A+, VCA-DCV, Linux+/LPIC-1, AWS CSA, AWS Dev, AWS SysOps, Project+ [Expired: Net+, Sec+, CCENT, CCNA]
    I plan on getting the storage+ simply because I have to interact w/ the Storage team while woring on the servers, and it'd help me a lot to understand their role, abilities, and limitations better.

Plus it renews all my CompTIAs without having to worry about submitting paperwork for CEs from my CCNA.
    Goals for 2017:
    RHCSA, RHCE, LFCS: Ubuntu | Project+ | AWS Certified DevOps Engineer | Learn Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Golang | Improve Python Programming
    Reply With Quote Quote  

silicon valley, where we speak that bay area slang

Certifications
    CCNA CCENT ITIL SSCA SSVVP WSQD WSQI Cloud+ Mobility+ Security+ Linux+ Network+ Server+ Project+ A+ HIT LPIC-1 CLA11 ACE ace/PACA SSBBP SSLP CMS SCP
    Take Cloud+ instead - it's like 50% Storage+ material! No, seriously...it is. You can only have so many non-vendor specific virtualization questions, ya know?
    Reply With Quote Quote  

+ Reply to Thread

Social Networking & Bookmarks